What's new

Twilight Zone, Season 1 Disk Replacement, Advice Sought! (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
OK cue the laughter but for some reason I never got around to replacing the defective Disk 4 in my TZ Season 1 Blu-ray set under the Image Entertainment replacement program. It’s probably long expired now.

Any advice on getting a replacement? Or should I just rebuy the whole Season 1 set?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
OK cue the laughter but for some reason I never got around to replacing the defective Disk 4 in my TZ Season 1 Blu-ray set under the Image Entertainment replacement program. It’s probably long expired now.

Any advice on getting a replacement? Or should I just rebuy the whole Season 1 set?
Refresh my memory about Disc 4 in Season 1?

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
If you bought it from Amazon--and if you buy a TON of stuff from Amazon--they will sometimes send you a new set if you send the old one back. This worked for me on The Indiana Jones trilogy. I didn't watch it for years and when I finally cracked the shrink wrap, TEMPLE OF DOOM was defective. Amazon chastised me for waiting so long but since I help keep them in business with disc sales, I guess they thought it better to keep me happy.

if you bought it from Image, what do you have to lose by contacting them and seeing if they'll replace it?

I have a faulty season two disc two from The Wire BD set, and had no such luck trying to get a replacement from Sony. So I feel your pain.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member

By memory this is about a disc(s) that wouldn't play or load correctly. Not sure if I ever read if there was some specific reason it wouldn;t play for a lot of people.

1st things 1st -- find out from Image what their policy is. A bunch of these replacement programs don't end though since this set was passed along to Paramount and re-released that may be more likely in this situation. Image exited in 2015, but who knows

"To get your replacement, email: [email protected] "

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
So... what's wrong with the disc? I purchased my set in Feb. of 2017 and also haven't opened it.

Disc 4 freezes up.

Oh and the purchase date was Oct 26, 2011 (hearing laughter from my phone speaker).

The old Image exchange link is long gone so my next question, how do I contact the right people at Image?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That was the first Blu-ray release that started on 09-14-10 in which all five seasons were released individually until August, 2011. There was another Blu-ray release on 12-13-16 in which the entire series was released at the same time together in one boxset.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So specifically, disc 4 won’t load at all or just at some point while playing?
I have to get mine out and check it.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Wasn't CBS/Paramount releasing The TZ blu-rays by then? If so, I'd think the disc is fine.
Don't know but the time frame is right and mine is the "all in one" set.
That was the first Blu-ray release that started on 09-14-10 in which all five seasons were released individually until August, 2011. There was another Blu-ray release on 12-13-16 in which the entire series was released at the same time together in one boxset.
Which means my BR set is likely OK (other than issues I've read about from people who just can't seem to get the discs out without cracking them) as it's the later release. My DVD set *is* the Image release.

**EDIT**
I dug mine out. It is the Paramount/CBS set in the Megapak case.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
At what point? Now I gotta check mine. :D
If memory serves, Long Live Walter Jameson may freeze in the act break in the middle of the episode. Also, I believe that The Big Tall Wish had some freezing problems but that was much less widespread. I'd recommend watching both episodes all the way through though.

Honestly, I thought that the problem was corrected by firmware updates.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Is that one okay? That's the one I have.
My understanding is that is is OK. It's just that Legend release with issues. What I read about the Universal/CBS set is the hubs on the pages have a death grip on the discs so you have to take care removing them so as to not crack the disc.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
If memory serves, Long Live Walter Jameson may freeze in the act break in the middle of the episode. Also, I believe that The Big Tall Wish had some freezing problems but that was much less widespread. I'd recommend watching both episodes all the way through though.

Honestly, I thought that the problem was corrected by firmware updates.

To be honest, I haven’t attempted to watch disc 4 in quite a while and when I did, it was on my 2009 vintage Sony BP360 (my first Blu-ray player, retired two years ago when it started acting cranky).

Might want to try this on my newer Sony BP7200 or even on my Sony UBP-X700 when I get home later this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks