What's new

TV shuts off playing a game, doing a specific thing in game (1 Viewer)

Tim Hess

Second Unit
Panasonic CT-32HX40 32" TV - older set used in the bedroom.

I have house guests so I can't use the good gear in the living room. Anyway I moved my XBOX 360 into the bedroom to get some game time.

With the set and 360 set to 1080i and playing the game Enchanted Arms, when I get into battle, screen goes bright white with tons of colors and boom, TV shuts off.

One thing to note, the geometry at 1080i is off, like when you adjust the picture too much in AVIA or DE, the section that is effected buy the power, can't remember.

So, my guess is that there is not enough power to handle the brightness (it's turned down btw) during that scene and shuts off. The set is plugged into a generic surge protector (as is some other gear) and they remain on after the tv shuts off.

Any thoughts other than it doesn't have enough juice?

videobruce

Stunt Coordinator
Excessive level, excessive scan rate, excessive resolution.

Try a different output format. As far as not having "enough juice", that would be a power supply issue in the HV section.

Tim Hess

Second Unit

I dropped the Brightness and Picture down (they were reset, not sure how, to factory defaults), once adjusted, the random shutting off went away.

videobruce

Stunt Coordinator
Power supply problem. So you know, it will probably get worse.
Electronics never 'heal' themselves.

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I think what Bruce was suggesting is lower the output of the Xbox 360, to say 720p probably lower.

videobruce

Stunt Coordinator
The "excessive level" would be referrring to the output of the game box which you probably don't have any control over. I was also referring to a lower resolution (lesser format).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks