What's new

Turntable connectd to a Bose home systems (1 Viewer)

Thormar

Auditioning
Real Name
Halldor Thormar
I have a turntable connected to my Bose 535 lifestyle home system. It has a built in preamp. Its connected to the system via RCA cable that came with the turntable. Its a Danish product, but was not expensive so it ahoud be ok. However I do find the sound lacking the fullness and the Bose bass that the other equipent connected to it produce. (CD, DVD and Bluetoth) Is there something lacking with the setur, or is the Bose system not made for producing better quality for analog equipment?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
LPs typically have their base "rolled off" to help prevent tracking errors. Its what results in the "warm" sound that audiophiles crave.

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
Could be a lot of things. Could be the cart isn't set up right. Maybe the preamp included in the turntable isn't all that, however one would hope that the manufacturer would make sure cart and preamp match, but stranger things have happened. What brand turntable is it? Is the cartridge new, old? Can you give us a brand/model on that?

I say this because on my system, if I play "Breath" by Pink Floyd, the heartbeats at the beginning will knock high hats out of the ceiling... don't ask me how I know. Despite the formats limits, and the rolled off bass, ask any DJ ever if LPs lack the ability to reproduce bass.

If you are not getting what you think is the same amount of bass from the records as from, say a streamed version of the same song, I would venture to say that it's something downstream of the record itself. Unless the LP is a bad one, which is another "wonderful" feature of vinyl. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks