What's new

Tosh 57HX84 vs 57HX93? (1 Viewer)

BarryNS

Stunt Coordinator
The only major difference I can spot between these is the lens/CRT technology - "Shortwing Advanced Lens Technology" on the cheaper HX84 versus "Pegasus-IV CRT with Niltava Advanced Lens Technology" on the twice the price (almost $3K CDN more expensive) HX93...or am I missing something?

Also, what's with Toshiba's use of a "540p" picture mode on these sets? What is that used for?

henning hoffmann

Stunt Coordinator
I've been researching these sets myself.

The Pegasus IV tubes are supposed to be quite good. Better picture quality, and, most importantly, much longer life before they start to degrade.

540p is an alternate mode to 1080i, because they use the same scanning rates. Depending on what the material is, you might like one over the other. Personally, I don't know if it's worth the bother.

Rolando

Screenwriter
don't the hx83, last year's model also use the Pegasus-IV CRT with Niltava Advanced Lens Technology. why would the HX 84, this year's model not have that?

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator
The HX93 also has a built-in over-the-air HDTV tuner which accounts for the price difference

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks