What's new

Pre-Order Tormented (1960) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81eatz3L7oL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I assume this will be the same transfer as the one on the Anolis release. If so, it is far from stellar. Scratches and dirt here and there, inconsistent contrast. But it's sharp and watchable, and rather reminiscent of what I probably saw when watching it as a kid on Chiller Theater. A guilty pleasure, for sure.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I don't necessarily assume that. Film Masters has been releasing best-ever transfers of old genre classics. I would expect this transfer to look more like the Warner Archives MOD than the Anolis. The Film Masters release will have different supplements, as well.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I first saw this film on public access TV as part of the syndicated block called The Horror Host Underground Network back in the mid to late 2000's between 2006 to 2009.

I think I saw it on this guy's show, as this film would be right up his alley to make fun of.

1706228463045.png

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I pre-ordered this and have ordered several other Film Masters releases-all excellent. They do great work.
HTF needs a Film Masters thread so we can keep up with their releases. How about it?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I have been very satisfied with Film Masters releases. I have the DVD but have already pre-ordered this. I am looking forward to this release.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tormented (1960)

Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned … Even a Dead One!

New 4K Scan of Bert I. Gordon’s Classic Supernatural Thriller From Original

35mm Archival Elements; Special Collector’s Edition on Blu-ray & DVD, April 23rd

ROCKPORT, Mass. — April 2024 — For Immediate Release —
Newly restored in 4K from original, 35mm archival elements, the harrowing, supernatural thriller Tormented (1960) will be available April 23 in a must-have collector’s edition loaded with bonus features, on Blu-ray and DVD from Film Masters.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Iconic cult film director Bert I. Gordon (Empire of the Ants, The Food of the Gods, The Mad Bomber, The Cyclops) helmed this terrifying story of passion from beyond the grave, starring Richard Carlson (Creature From the Black Lagoon, It Came From Outer Space), Susan Gordon (Ben Casey, The Five Pennies) and Lugene Sanders (The Life of Riley).

In a tight-knit island community off the coast of California, Tom Stewart (Carlson) is about to marry the woman he loves (Sanders). All is well until Tom's ex-girlfriend, Vi (Reding), confronts him at the top of the island's lighthouse, claiming he is hers and hers alone! When a freak accident occurs, he refuses to intervene, allowing the scorned woman to fall to her death. But his relief soon fades as Vi’s vengeful spirit begins to follow him everywhere he goes. Tormented day and night, body and soul, to what lengths will he go to protect his secret? Will the unrelenting she-ghost reveal herself to others? Find out in this harrowing tale of love and hate … caught between the worlds of the living and the dead!

Tormented is presented with its original theatrical aspect ratio of 1.85:1. Discs are region free and include English SDH. Audio is DTS-HD/Dolby AC3s.

SPECIAL FEATURES:

Unreleased TV pilot of Famous Ghost Stories, made by Bert I. Gordon and hosted by Vincent Price; Mystery Science Theater 3000 version of Tormented (1992), full feature (1:33.1), with captions; new documentary by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures, Bert I. Gordon in the 1950s & 1960s: Bigger Than Life, featuring C. Courtney Joyner; archival interview with writer-producer-director Bert I. Gordon, Bert I. Gordon: The Amazing Colossal Filmmaker; feature essay by Tom Weaver with a bonus essay by John Wooley, former president of the Susan Gordon fan club and a personal friend of the actress; commentary provided by film historian-writer-filmmaker Gary Don Rhodes; new, visual essay by The Flying Maciste Brothers, The Spirit is Willing: CineMagic and Social Discord in Bert I. Gordon’s “Tormented”; original trailer, scanned in 4K from 35mm archival elements, presented in its raw format; as well as a recut trailer using restored film elements.

About Film Masters:

Film Masters is a consortium of historians and enthusiasts who seek to celebrate the preservation and restoration of films. We are archivists, committed to storing film elements for future generations and reviving films that have been sitting dormant for decades. By scanning in 2K and 4K, we give these lesser-known films the red-carpet treatment they deserve. Leveraging modern means of distribution to release forgotten films back into the world, we also produce original bonus materials, including feature-length documentaries, which aid audiences in contextualizing and celebrating these works of art as they were meant to be. Visit us online at: www.FilmMasters.com

Tormented

Film Masters

Genre:
Horror/Thriller

Original Release: 1960 (B+W)

Not Rated

Format:
Blu-ray & DVD

Running Time: Approx. 74 Minutes Plus Special Features

(162 Minutes Without Commentary / 232 minutes With Commentary)

Suggested Retail Price: Blu-ray $24.95 / DVD $19.95

Street Date: April 23, 2024

Catalog #: Blu-ray FMB010 / DVD FMD010

UPC Code: Blu-ray #760137145905 / DVD #760137145875

Tormented #1.jpg Tormented #5.jpg
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks