What's new

THX trailers (2 Viewers)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
This is a ongoing list and several "Not sure what disc's" still exist, so new members hopefully will be able to add to it and or benefit from it!

Wes

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I'm looking to find a 16:9 enhanced Dolby Digital trailer, any one know what disc (movie region 1)I might find one on? I have the Dolby disc but they are all in 4:3!:angry:
Wes

KeithY

Stunt Coordinator
Sound & Vision home theater tune-up, extras menu

Dolby trailers
1. Train 1.85
2. City 1.85
3. Canyon 1.85
4. Egypt 1.85
5. Aurora 1.85

THX trailers
1. Calvalcade 1.33
2. Calvalcade 1.85
3. Calvalcade 2.35

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Indiana Jones collection has a more recent THX trailer on it as well - sort of an update to the old familiar one. Same one on all the discs.

I was going to mention S&V also. Been out for a while and also has a Studio Voodoo DTS demo as well.

The Simpsons THX intro was not exactly made for the theater, it was actually in an episode. I did see it used in a theater once though, and I always wondered if I could find it on a disc as a stand alone clip.

Antony James

Stunt Coordinator
Whilst the Simpsons one was originally from an episode, the THX boys apparently liked it so much that they borrowed the animation to make a proper THX intro. IIRC, it's even in widescreen, with animation on both sides that does not exist on the original animation. I could be wrong though...

Sergio Z.

Stunt Coordinator
I remember seeing that Simpsons trailer in the theater in the 90's with some horror movie, it was perfect, especially with the head exploding! :D

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
The Simpsons THX trailer can be found on its own on The Simpsons: The Complete Fifth Season box set; it is an extra on the first disc under 'Advertisements'. It is indeed in anamorphic widescreen and ends with a still of THX's silver-on-white logo. I believe the audio was also remixed; it sounds like a 'real' THX trailer to me.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
When I saw The Mask they used the Simpsons THX gag in the theater. That was the only time I ever saw it in the theater.

--Ian

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
The Simpsons THX trailer can be found on its own on The Simpsons: The Complete Fifth Season box set; it is an extra on the first disc under 'Advertisements'. It is indeed in anamorphic widescreen and ends with a still of THX's silver-on-white logo. I believe the audio was also remixed; it sounds like a 'real' THX trailer to me.
Son of a gun...I have the Season 5 set, but haven't watched it yet. I guess I'll have to dig around some and find it!

Mathesar

Auditioning
Real Name
Arnaud
Hi, everyone… The Simpson THx trailer is an official one! I've seen it on a THx theatre before the movie… it's from the 1994 episode, "Burns' Heir"; The trailer is a little different from the episode sequence. There is another, hilarious THx trailer, where Tex has some trouble with Homer. Dunno if it's official, though. There's a magnificent THx trailer, Cimarron, which was mentionned higher on this topic. But nobody mentionned the 70mm version, which is fantastic, with different soundtrack. It's very rare, and only one guy managed to retrieve it. here is is: and here is my little remade 5.1 mix (14 Mb): http://arnauddavidian.free.fr/thx_cimarron_70mm_5-1.mov enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks