What's new

Throwback Cola (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Those are the 125th Anny edition and in some areas have real sugar. Unfortunately in the Philly area they are bottled by Coke and we get hfcs.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
There is a place in Pasadena called Galcos that has a lot of hard to find sodas and old time candies. Here is a link to the sugar section:

http://www.sodapopstop.com/products/browse.cfm?link=24

Here is a video about the place.

They will ship but it is a bit pricey.

-Keith

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Funny my kids and I were at the store last night and they had a stack of Throw Back Pepsi on sell. This is the first time I have seen this stuff since Feb/Mark of this year when they had a display of it.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
My favorite local convenience store just started stocking the 125th anniversary packaging Dr Pepper made with real sugar. Good stuff.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
We picked up some throwback Pepsi the other week. It was the first time I had seen it. I like it. We don't drink much soda at all, so I'm not sure how reliably I could identify it versus the current formula in a blind taste test. I'll have to give a taste test a try. Could be fun.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Todd H

Spotted this packaging at the store tonight, but it wasn't made with sugar here. I checked the ingredients and it was HFCS.

They did have the Throwback Pepsi and Mountain Dew, though (picked up some Dew).

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I am like matt in that I am a big soda drinker. I am also of the belief that the introduction of HFC to the market is one of the major influences on the increase in obesity in this country. Your body handles fructose differently than it does sucrose or glucose. With HFC's it is a double wammy as the body stores the excess as fat and the brain tells you that you are still hungry.

I picked up a bunch of the Pepsi throwback at the store the other day. I just wish that Pepsi would make this a permanent thing instead of having limited production runs. I really like the taste of the Pepsi Throwback over regular Pepsi. I would love to see it in vending machines and through soda fountains at restaurants.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks