What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Thomas Crown Affair (1968) Blu-ray: Any thoughts on quality? (1 Viewer)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I saw that the 1968 version of The Thomas Crown Affair is available on Blu-ray at Amazon for under $10
and want to snap it up, but I am wondering if anyone has had a chance to review the new Blu-ray for picture and sound quality.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mark Walker said:
I saw that the 1968 version of The Thomas Crown Affair is available on Blu-ray at Amazon for under $10
and want to snap it up, but I am wondering if anyone has had a chance to review the new Blu-ray for picture and sound quality.
It's been about three years since I watched the BD, but I don't remember having any negative thoughts about it. It has been on TV lately, I think on HDNET Movies as I've caught a few scenes while channel surfing. What a great film! The beginning the film is classic.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I wish I could help, but I only reviewed the 1999 remake on Blu-ray three or four years ago. I'm not even sure I have the original on Blu-ray. I need to make a search for it tomorrow.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Matt Hough said:
I wish I could help, but I only reviewed the 1999 remake on Blu-ray three or four years ago. I'm not even sure I have the original on Blu-ray. I need to make a search for it tomorrow.
You need a database of all your movies that syncs with your smartphone. I use Collectorz and I can't tell you how useful that is when I'm in a store and see some Blu-ray on sale and can't remember if I already own it!

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
I thought it was fine. I saw the film several times in original release and it was a bit grainy, especially with all of the process shots for the "multiple windows". The grain comes through in a very natural way.

I am a big Steve McQueen fan.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Thanks for all the comments!

I came late to being a fan of McQueen. After I saw Bullet, I thought, "I need to check out his other films."

Just glad I will have BOTH versions of The Thomas Crown Affair on Blu.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I had the dvd of the movie so i got the blu-ray and it's a better looking but the image is grainy and there is some print damage. McQueen and Dunaway are a good reason i like the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks