What's new

Theater chairs available (1 Viewer)

I may have a chance to buy chairs from a theater that closed recently in a nearby town. They're going to demo the theater to make way for a fast food place. I talked to the owner of the building and contents and have an appointment to go look at the chairs. He said that they are upholstered and in very good condition as the theater was rehabbed less than 4 years ago.
6 or 8 of these chairs may find their way into my HT, but I was wondering if there is a wider market for these if I bought a large number of them.
What are they worth, assuming very good condition?
How many folks out there would want to buy some?
Is the audio system, screen, etc. worth looking at?
Shipping and storage would obviously be serious issues. If anyone else within driving distance of Winston-Salem, NC is interested, let me know at [email protected]. Thanks.
-Scott

Donald_Spry

Stunt Coordinator
I would take a look at the acoustic treatment panels on the walls while you are there. That stuff makes massive differences in the sound of your home theater. From what I hear it is one of, if not the best, upgrade you can do to a room as far as returns on your dollar. Heck, depending on the color and condition of the panels I may interested.

I am not real sure on the market for any of the items. I just know the chairs and the panels would be on my list of things to look for. Either way, this is probably your best place to test the market demand. I seriously doubt you will find anyone more interested in home theater and accessories than the addicts of this forum (myself included).

You might ask this question on the HT Construction and Interiors section. Frequent visitors there would probably give you good feedback. I don't think the Mods would mind considering your not really selling but rather looking for advice.

DJ Spry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks