What's new

The Twilight Zone-Update? (2 Viewers)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
"I really enjoyed the bonus episode of Liar's Club. I'm not sure how many episodes of this fun show Rod actually hosted, but I would love to see them all! Hopefully they will include at least one on every future season set of the Twilight Zone."

Liars Club, hosted by Serling, had a one season run in syndication in 1969. I can't recall if it was a once a week syndicated show or a five a week strip of shows, though I suspect more the former.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
"Hornswoggled" by "vague DVD cover info?" The cover very clearly says "Hosted by Forest Whitaker," and lists guest stars like Jessica Simpson, Usher, Method Man, and Shannon Elizabeth... right there on the front, big as life.

However, I will agree with your assessment of the show, Kyle. Complete and utter horseshit. Even the "It's A Good Life" sequel was lame.

Kyle Field

Auditioning

Well, I'm not really up on current celebrities so how was I supposed to know? Plus I had no idea there was even a TZ 2000 even aired, so I assumed that what I was purchasing was the 80's series. I would think they'd make the cover art a little more obvious or at least put the date of the series run on the front of the box.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
The cover art is VERY obvious, very much evoking the graphic design of the 2002 series (and in no way resembling the graphic design of the 1985 series). And none of the other TZ sets have the dates on the front of the box, do they? Plus, the 80's version certainly wouldn't have been presented in anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS (as the back of the 2002 box clearly states). :D Dude, no offense, but nobody "hornswoggled" you.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

Ahhh yes, that's usually my clue that it's something I DON'T want. TV show in anamorphic widescreen=modern show=crap! LOL Well anyway, that's my philosophy, and so far it works great for me. Classics or nothing ;)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

That's a nice formula. Does it take into account shows like The Sopranos or Dead Like Me, etc. etc...

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Consider, if you will, a man. Not an "everyman" or a "Joe Six Pack," but an elitist in the tragic sense. Opposed to DVD Cover Art with "floating heads," he'll buy every Criterion DVD simply because it says "Criterion" on the cover in small type. He's never stayed awake through a single Criterion DVD, nor understood their messages, but they say Criterion and he owns them. The same type of man shuns modern TV shows in anamorphic widescreen and labels them as "crap." Shows such as The Sopranos, C.S.I, and The West Wing, which many people consider some of the best television ever, are far beneath his elite status. A man to be studied -- and perhaps even pitied -- in the Twilight Zone.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

It does in my case. If I want real life, I don't need to watch it on TV, let alone pay for it on DVD! This is why I only watch old shows. The last network show I ever watched was Seinfeld...and even though I do watch Curb, I doubt it would be worth getting a fullblown widescreen system just to see Larry! LOL!

MikeBr

Auditioning
I am sure that I am not the only one, but I do have "Submitted For Your Approval" recorded on S-VHS tape, direct from the PBS C-Band satellite feed. I would have rolled Umatic-SP tape, but the show was longer than an hour.

I have all of the CBS 80s version on S-VHS tape and well as the 80s syndicated version on Umatic and/or S-VHS tape, most directly recorded from the syndicated C-Band satellite feed, which means I have the promos that were included with the syndicated version.

I'll be picking up the 80s DVDs when the finances allow. I look forward to replacing the taped copies with higher quality DVD copies. Unfortunately I doubt that the promos will be available on the DVDs. I collect tons of promos, as my web site attests. If they aren't included, I'll probably have to author them onto DVD, as the tapes won't last forever.

Hey, I enjoyed the version that UPN aired. I have all of those promos too :)

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
Carlos, I didn't realize "Submitted for Your Approval" was available separately on DVD. As a writer, myself, Rod Serling was one of my idols growing up, so I'll definitely be getting this. Thanks.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
While I realized "SFYA" was available on a single DVD from Image, I'm waiting for it to be placed on one of the four remaining sets before I make that investment. Come on, you know they have to load up season 4 with some goodies if they're going to get it to sell anywhere close to the three sets before it. Not that there's a doubt it my mind I'll buy it immediately, but for some...

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I'm a big fan of the show and am dying to pick up the Definitive Collection. Might have to hold off a couple more weeks, but the reviews so far sound pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks