What's new

The Three Musketeers 2023: Part 1 D'Artagnan, Part 2 Milady (1 Viewer)

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
This new two part French adaptation of the famous novel will be released theatrically in France, part 1 entitled D'Artagnan in April and part 2 entitled Milady at Christmas. Stars Vincent Cassel and Eva Green. The subtitled trailer looks very good and I'm hoping for a theatrical release in the UK.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Part One, D'Artagnan in April, when Spring is in the air and our hero is young and callow, and we hope he's not played by the much older Cassel; and Part Two, Milady at Christmas, appropriate since she calls herself Milady de Winter. Played by the luscious Eva Green?
I'm joking, of course, but that's how the titles read...

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This new two part French adaptation of the famous novel will be released theatrically in France, part 1 entitled D'Artagnan in April and part 2 entitled Milady at Christmas. Stars Vincent Cassel and Eva Green. The subtitled trailer looks very good and I'm hoping for a theatrical release in the UK.
I had not heard of these films until I saw the trailer for D'Artagnan as a pop-up on this forum. Looks interesting, if a bit dark and grim. I have seen most of the serious attempts to film the Dumas story, so I will probably see these films when I can.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, hadn't heard about this 2-parter until it popped up on my Google feed just now. Interesting... and sounds like it should be pretty good. Looks like Part 1 will have some kinda limited theatrical engagement here (in USA) in early-Dec at the same time as its streaming release...

_Man_

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
I've seen D'Artagnan and thought it was terrific, with one minor alteration to a character that will drive some people crazy. Not so much dark and grim as it is grimy, in that so many characters seem to be always covered in dirt and muck. It seems to me it's more aimed at the adult /geek Game of Thrones crowd rather than family audiences.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
^Well, Hollywood, et al seem to be going for more period realism/authenticity nowadays... at least in that particular manner anyway re: the "grimy... dirt and muck" -- I know, this isn't exactly quite Hollywood production, but probably applies to European/indies as well, if not even more so...

_Man_

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
^Well, Hollywood, et al seem to be going for more period realism/authenticity nowadays... at least in that particular manner anyway re: the "grimy... dirt and muck" -- I know, this isn't exactly quite Hollywood production, but probably applies to European/indies as well, if not even more so...

_Man_
The authentic French locations really add to the film - it's a sumptuous looking production.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I've seen D'Artagnan and thought it was terrific, with one minor alteration to a character that will drive some people crazy. Not so much dark and grim as it is grimy, in that so many characters seem to be always covered in dirt and muck. It seems to me it's more aimed at the adult /geek Game of Thrones crowd rather than family audiences.
Yes, the look reminds me of the BBC series The Musketeers, which also had a grimy and muddy quality as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks