What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Suicide Squad (2021)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Title: Suicide Squad 2 ()

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Gavin O'Connor

Cast: Margot Robbie, Idris Elba, John Cena, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Joel Kinnaman, David Dastmalchian, Daniela Melchior, Michael Rooker

Plot: The sequel to the hit smash movie feautirng everybody's favorite loveable anti heroes the Joker, and Harley Quinn

James Gunn is going to write, and possibly direct, the next Suicide Squad movie:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/james-gunn-...utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Of course, I rather see him doing Guardians, but this makes sense since DC clearly wanted the first Suicide Squad to be the Guardians of the Galaxy of the DC universe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Yay, the DC Fanbros' hypocrisy will be on full display now that Gunn is "their" guy.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I wasn't all that excited about a sequel to Suicide Squad, but I am now. I would have probably seen it anyway just because I see every comic book movie these days, but Gunn's involvement pushes it into the "I can't wait for this" category.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Also, Deadline's report had said this is a "reboot with a new cast and characters" a couple hours ago. But now they've updated it to refer to it as a "sequel" and have taken out that original phrasing. So who knows what it is at this point? Given Gunn's Twitter history with regard Jared Leto, I'd be surprised if they worked together on this. I'm hoping it's a reboot so that I don't have to watch the first Suicide Squad movie to know what's going on.

I also think this is bizarrely close to the June 21, 2021 release date also announced tonight for Matt Reeves' Batman film, especially if they turn out not to be in the same continuity. Whether they are or aren't is unclear. But that's a really short gap of time for two films which probably both feature some characters associated with Batman.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm hoping it's a reboot so that I don't have to watch the first Suicide Squad movie to know what's going on.

If there is any way to avoid that movie, you should. Margot Robbie is the best thing about it, and you can discern all you need to know about it from the trailer.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Does Birds of Prey replace Gotham City Sirens, or are they two different movies?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks