What's new

The Spoils of Babylon on IFC... (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just saw another preview...

Couple sitting at a table at a restaurant. There is a fish tank behind them(she orders) and the guy goes...

"I'm trying to find Vegan items"...(pan out)

Waiter says...
"This is an underwater restaurant, give me a break"

LOL(if you get the premise this funny)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
No my cup of tea. Reminds me of Casa de Mi Padre... which I couldn't finish. I was almost on the verge of laughing a couple of times.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Most of it is sight gag. If you love film(as in film itself), there were so many gags.1. 93mm breathtake-ovision. 2. Several times the video would shake left/right like it jumped in the projector.3. Numerous aspect ratio changes mid scene.4. The edit goof ups.Absolutely fabulous.

Joe S

Second Unit
I saw the previews and wasn't sure what to make of it, so I caught the premiere and thought it was good fun.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
This was made by the same crew that did Casa De Mi Padre, and it shows. Sometimes the show seems so obsessed with verisimilitude that there aren't any actual jokes, which brings me to the verge of laughter most of the time.

Oh, and Wiig rules this show so much. Her yelling and screaming fits are just amazing. It made me want to see her and Michael Sheen be in something together where they throw hissy-fits at each other. God, that needs to happen.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
It's definitely not like anything I've seen before. That said, I've seen the first two and I don't feel like I'm hooked enough to want to watch anymore. I may or may not continue with this one...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Hanson said:
No my cup of tea. Reminds me of Casa de Mi Padre... which I couldn't finish. I was almost on the verge of laughing a couple of times.
Yep. My thinking too.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
An old friend of mine was the editor on this series, as well as Casa de Mi Padre (his first feature-film credit).

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Todd Erwin said:
An old friend of mine was the editor on this series, as well as Casa de Mi Padre (his first feature-film credit).
So who came up with "Breath take-ovision"? (or however it was spelled)

To me, the single best send up of cinema of the entire series. (keeping in mind medium and large format still photography is a hobby)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks