What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

THE SOPRANOS Season Five To Debut In March 2004 (merged with "Sopranos Season 6") (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I had dinner Saturday night with my friend who works on the show and he told me that the new season will not be on until March of 2004, which was confirmed btw in today's NY Daily News.

He also said that David Chase has until tomorrow to decide if there will be a sixth season, which he believes there will be.

As for the coming season, he says they are currently shooting episode four, with scripts through episode six finished.
He says the the new season regulars, Steve Buscemi (who directs another episode this year), Robert Loggia and Patti D'Arbanville are great and that lots of big things happen this season.

Can't wait...but I guess I'll have to;)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I heard something similar on the radio this morning but with a little twist, that if there is a Season 6, it might only be five or six episodes, which sounds a little weird to me. I would think if they decided to go into production for another year, they would do a full thirteen episodes. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
that if there is a Season 6, it might only be five or six episodes, which sounds a little weird to me
Not a season 6, just a longer season 5. Chase told the Daily News that he was finding it hard to fit everything into 13 episodes and was talking to HBO about possibly upping season 5 to 18 or so. If Chase is serious, somehow I think HBO won't object.

M.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
How will this affect Six Feet Under? Will it get pushed into the Summer 2004 if The Sopranos take over their usual 9 p.m. Sunday timeslot in March?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'd rather see Chase keep Season 5 to 13 episodes. Then come back and do a Season 6, he can wrap it up then if that's his intention.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I for one will lose quite a bit of interest if The Sopranos don't come back until March of 2004. They had too big of a layoff last year and the season fell flat IMO so it will take quite a bit for me to be anxiously waiting for Season 5.

Who knows, once March comes around I will probably be thrilled.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I was afraid of this, the math at one episode a week just didn;t work out for season 5 to start anytime soon. I will of course watch every second of every ep anyway but they do create some awful high expectations with such a long wait.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Glad to hear news...but it's depressing that I have to wait so long for new Sopranos!

Bobby Sackman

Auditioning
I hate to wait so long, but it won't conflict with HiDef ESPN Football this season. I also like the 18 episode schedule as well.

Ike

Screenwriter
Yeah. It getting resolved didn't get near as much coverage as it being in dispute. In fact, I didn't see it ever reported. Someone on the HTF posted it.

ColeKR

Stunt Coordinator
Usually the Dvd's come out right before the new seasons start so we may have to wait a while. Also a while back I heard that Chase was kicking around the idea of having the series finale of the Sopranos in theaters. Did anyone else hear this or am I making things up again to make myself happy?

Jeremy Tebo

Stunt Coordinator
Did anyone else notice that on Sunday night, they played back to back reruns instead of the normal one episode? I wonder if they're doing this to catch up and end the reruns right into the beginning of the new season. One strange thing on Sunday was that at the end of the second episode, the "on the next Sopranos" preview was for the episode I just watched. Weird. Oh well, maybe they'll keep giving me a double-shot of reruns on Sundays to get me warmed up for the new season...

Douglas*A*R

Stunt Coordinator
Next Sunday is another Sopranos double-header, but it's back to single episodes the following week since Sex and the City starts up again.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Months ago, I believe during the Golden Globes,Chase had said there would be season 5 and then he was thinking of wrapping everything up in a movie version.I dont know whether he meant theatrical or HBO movie.

So I guess theyre throwing around ideas of how to finish it up.

I like the idea of a longer season 5 as well and/or a few 2 hour HBO movies.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Interesting about the 6th season, I wonder if that is back on the table or if they are really negotiating for extra episodes for season 5.

Most of these actors should ride this train as far as it goes, they will never get better than this show as far as writing, money, etc, all combined.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks