What's new

The return of the hardware keyboard for iphone (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'd have ridiculed this years ago, but with the way autocorrect randomly inserts ns for spaces in my messages I might have to play with one. It just clicks?!?!?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This iPhone keyboard … I’m intrigued but that’s gonna make a iPhone that’s just way way too big. And taking an iPhone in and out of a case for a keyboard? Nope. Hope it’s good for whoever gets one, but it doesn’t look like a practical product for me.

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I have auto-correct turned off... but still often enough get words weirdly, inexplicably replaced (besides my own brain damaged, fairly frequent missed words, LOL). I do use SwiftKey though, which also has auto-correct turned off, so...

I do wonder a little if that's not also my brain damage playing tricks on me, LOL! :lol:

_Man_

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Interesting device but I can already see that it gets outdated with every new phone upgrade, though I need to do more reading on the product to see if it’s a one size fits all thing

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Hard pass. I've been dictating most of my texts for awhile now. You still get errors but the time saved over manual typing more than makes up for the time I spend correcting them.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I haven't tried dictation (or Siri in general) much, but what little I've tried seems to leave waaay too much to desire... though it's probably been a good while since I've last tried (and I did finally, recently upgrade pass iOS 15.1.x or whatever it was), so maybe I should try again...

_Man_

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A friend used dictation for about a year, with ongoing hilarious results.

My brain doesn’t work that way so I don’t use dictation. And I’m too old to ever have been “native” with digital keyboards. So I’m stuck with error-riddled typing on my iPhone. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks