What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The remainding Scooby-Doo shows featuring Scrappy-Doo for the Hanna-Barbera classics collection DVD (1 Viewer)

happyfa5

Grip
Real Name
Jim
Would it great if Warner plans DVD releases of the remaining Scooby and Scrappy-Doo shows of:

Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (1979-1980 series)
The All-New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show (1983-1984 series)

I mean how would that turn out?

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Actually, there are 8 Scooby Doo episodes from 1977 that have yet to be released. I'd rather that those get released before any of the Scrappy episodes. I'm not a fan of Scrappy and felt that the character ruined the series. After the first few episodes with Scrappy, I quit watching.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am with you on the 1977-1978 epsiodes. It is funny because when you watch the below episodes it introduced as part of the 1976 scooby-doo show

Episode titleVillainOriginal airdatePlotSDLA-1"The Curse of Viking Lake"The Viking Ghosts of Viking LakeSeptember 10, 1977When the gang arrives at Viking Lake to see Velma's uncle John, they find him missing as well as encountering the ghosts of ancient vikings.SDLA-2"Vampire Bats and Scaredy Cats"1The Great Skull Island VampireSeptember 17, 1977The gang goes to visit their friend Lisa Banoh at Great Skull Island. But as it is her 18th birthday, she inherits the island's hotel, haunted by a vampire. As they get an unexpected and unwanted visit by a vampire, she finds out she is from a long family line of vampires.SDLA-3"Hang in There, Scooby-Doo"The Pterodactyl GhostSeptember 24, 1977On a trip to a hang gliding contest the gang encounters a Pterodactyl ghost who tries to scare everyone away from the cliff. But why?SDLA-4"The Chiller Diller Movie Thriller"1, 3The Ghost of Milo BoothOctober 1, 1977Scooby-Doo and Scooby-Dum's cousin Scooby-Dee is remaking a movie originally made by Milo Booth, a great movie director. So the gang must protect her from his ghost, who decides to haunt her from remaking the film.SDLA-5"The Spooky Case of the Grand Prix Race"3The Phantom RacerOctober 8, 1977At the Osbourne Grand Prix Race 1977, a Phantom Racer makes the other drivers disappear when they enter in the fog. As they get deeper into the mystery they find possibly the strangest mystery they have ever seen from the race track to the junkyard. Legend has it of a driver who died by driving off a cliff and they think the Phantom Racer is his ghost. Finding new clues gives them new pieces to the puzzle, so the gang asks Shaggy to race the Phantom Racer and find out what happened to the drivers.SDLA-6"The Ozark Witch Switch"The Ghost of the Witch McCoy and The ZombieOctober 15, 1977The rivalry from the 1800's between the Hatfields and McCoys continue in the year 1977. The mystery machine breaks down and the gang stays in the Hatfield's cabin. The Hatfields say their long time enemies, the McCoys, are all dead. But the ghost of Old Witch McCoy is out to get them for revenge. Then Old Witch McCoy comes and turns the Hatfields into frogs. While the gang investigates, they encounter a zombie man who is very mysterious.SDLA-7"Creepy Cruise"3The Future ShockerOctober 22, 1977While on a cruise ship, the gang meets a professor who created a time machine. While he tests it, everything goes wrong and a Future Shocker creature comes out and scares everyone away and steals the professor's money.SDLA-8"The Creepy Heap from the Deep" ² 3The Creepy Heap From the Deep, The ghost of Captain ClemensOctober 29, 1977At their beach party, the gang discovers a vicious monster from the deep. They meet a local captain that says he's familiar with the monster and says legend has it he steals peoples souls to stay alive. Then the monster steals the captains soul and they find a flashing light coming from the ocean and the captains house.
I love to have these episodes, but, i am not holding my breath. I am not interested in any scooby-doo when scrappy-doo came a long. I felt scrappy-doo ruin scooby-doo with puppy power, etc.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I have the 8 1977 episodes on VHS. I taped them off Boomerang but the picture quality isn't the greatest. That wasn't the fault of my VCR or the tape. The episodes that Boomerang had hadn't been remastered or cleaned up in any way or at least not very much. I taped what they showed just so that I could have those missing episodes.

I also managed to get the episodes of the New Scooby Doo Movies that weren't released on the DVD set due to celebrity licensing rights.

The last time I saw any of the 1979 Scrappy episodes on Boomerang, they were also in pretty bad shape. Really faded out colors and mushy sound. Of course, if and when they come to DVD I expect Warner to do a serious cleanup on them first.

I think that Warner should release a second set of Scooby and Dynomut to include the 8 missing Scooby episodes and the final 4 two part Dynomut episodes.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Originally Posted by Brian Himes

I think that Warner should release a second set of Scooby and Dynomut to include the 8 missing Scooby episodes and the final 4 two part Dynomut episodes.
I'd love that set too. But i'd also settle for just 1 complete Scooby's All Star Laff-a-Lympics complete episode on one of the WHV saturday morning volumes, with everything from the 2hr block intact. It would be great if they used some of the unreleased material from Scooby and Blue Falcon and Dynomutt. The cartoon block shows were a lot more fun than getting the syndicated chopped up shows, in my opinion. It was great to see some of the other shows
on the 70's vol. that have been put back together. I know we'll never see a complete set of some of these block shows, but 1 episode would be nice. Someone might even edit their own set back together if all or at least most of the material were released on dvd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gandalfsuneris
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale