What's new

The promise of an Apple TV (2 Viewers)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
AppleTV on its way...to give to my sister for Christmas. To my surprise, she really wants one. When I saw the demo at the Apple Store, and it had a Disney Kids channel, I thought my niece is never going to let her mom use this thing!

There's a slight chance Santa will bring me one, but I'm hoping for a KitchenAid mixer more. :D

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Interesting. Maybe Apple is going for an annual refresh, rather than the release-then-languish it's had recently for the Apple TV.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's interesting and somewhat frustrating. It's only a month out of the gate and there is already a refresh announced for a product that took years to update.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ronald Epstein said:
It's interesting and somewhat frustrating. It's only a month out of the gate and there is already a refresh announced for a product that took years to update.
I agree with you. Next time, I'll be more careful before buying their next unit.

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
I have a feeling that what they'll be adding is 4K mostly to compete with the ROKU 4 which beat them out of the gate, and the possibility of 7.1 sound.

And who knows, maybe they'll add Facetime to the Apple TV.....

Raul

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ronald Epstein said:
There's no refresh announced. There's only a rumor-site rumor.

Assuming it's a year out -- as typical for Apple's iOS devices -- would you really have held out another year for a $149 box?

This seems like a non-issue to folks that spend $500+ annually for a new smartphone.

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Maybe now they will get Sling TV on Apple TV now. Up to 65 channels for $20 is already better than what they were trying to put together anyway. Sad really. Apple use to be leading the way....any more they seem to be 2 years behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks