What's new

The Partridge Family, Seasons 1 & 2 DVD from Mill Creek (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Well I was in a Menards and came across this latest release (June 2014 I believe) of The Partridge Family TV series from Mill Creek Entertainment. Yes, this is a guilty pleasure for me remembering my crush on Susan Dey back when I was 11. Back in the day I was mostly checking out Susan and the lovely Shirley Jones as well (stunning in this TV series).

Nowadays as a adult, I can watch these with more of a eye for the quality of the acting and the overall theme of a episode. I'd venture to say these shows hold up rather well today (though their age does come thru in some scenes).

Partridge_Family_DVD.jpg

Watching this DVD set on my 1080p laptop (until I get home), I noted the following:

1. PQ for a DVD was quite excellent in most of the episodes I've watched so far from Season 1.

2, I did note some shakiness on one episode ("Why Did The Music Stop") which I'm wondering how that happened. Was it from the transfer or part of the original master?

I wish we could get a well-done Blu of TPF as the limitations of DVD definitely show. Better than I've ever seen it on broadcast TV but oh how a Blu would look of this series.

Ahhhh yes, Entertainment TV the way it was mean't to be....especially when compared with the crap being released today.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
My only question is did they restore the missing tag scene on the last episode of the first season?

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Kyrsten Brad said:
I'll check for it but please elaborate.

The original tag scene from the last episode of Season 1 is once again missing from this release.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I've been watching this and joying it more that I remember doing as a kid. Now I'm not seeing it on Antenna TV anymore. I'm going to eventually buy the series, just not sure if by season or the complete series set. Depends on which is cheapest when I'm redy to buy.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I guess my question is... why would Shout re-release a series already out by Sony and just a little over a year old? They could focus their efforts on something that hasn't been released or finish off series like "One Step Beyond". Seems like lost opportunities with the redundancy.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
This isn't Shout Factory, it's Mill Creek. Mill Creek is reissuing most of the TV shows from Sony's DVD back-catalog as part of a new distribution deal.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
classicmovieguy said:
This isn't Shout Factory, it's Mill Creek. Mill Creek is reissuing most of the TV shows from Sony's DVD back-catalog as part of a new distribution deal.
Now I'm waiting for Seasons 3 and 4 from Mill Creek .

What are the chances TPF might get a Blu release? Would love to see more of Susan Dey and Shirley Jones in HD.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Paid $35 for Season 1 and 2 long time ago. Just recently got the full series for $22. Time is a mazing thing!

Love the show now. I remember lovin the show then too, but hating (jealousy!) David Cassidy. But now I feel bad for the guy. He had it all back then, legends of girls, money... but now he's a bankrupt drunk. Again...time!

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Just placed a call to Mill Creek (using the contact number on their web site). No definite date yet but Seasons 3 and 4 are "in development" in preparation for a Fall 2015 release.

Ok Mill Creek, you got the ball. Get it out there for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks