What's new

The Order: 1886 (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm picking this up on payday this week. To be honest, and I may be burned at the stake for saying this-I prefer shorter games. My life is ever so busy, and with multiplayer gaming taking up probably 80% of my gaming time, a shorter single player campaign is exactly what I need right now.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
That's totally cool. If you are ok with spending $60 on a short game that's your business! Personally I buy 1-3 games new each year and those are blockbusters I expect to get a real experience out of and probably finish. I have put north of 600 hours on Destiny, and for my $120 spent (two consoles!) I have paid 20 cents an hour for that entertainment. I'll also buy dozens of games at $1-20 dollars on steam and sale weekends and if I don't play more than an hour of each I'm still satisfied.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Penny Arcade nails it. I finished it last night. I enjoyed it a good bit; though the ending wasn't an ending at all.. it was clearly a "well, this sets up a sequel to answer all those questions we didn't get to answer this time" kind of ending.

Some of the weapons I thought were stupid, but it was beautiful to play frankly

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
A cool story and atmosphere can go a long way toward making a game work for me. As examples, I LOVED Stranglehold and The Saboteur, even though they weren't critical darlings, because the decent-if-unspectacular gameplay was good enough to immerse me in the general awesomeness of the settings.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
So far so good. The graphics are craazy good! Gameplay is decent. Story is cool....so far.

darkness2918

Second Unit
Real Name
Tony
I got the platinum trophy last week & am on my 2nd play through of it now. I really enjoyed The Order. I don't mind short games at all & sometimes enjoy them more then longer ones. Vanquish, The Order, MGR all short yet I liked them better then Skyrim, Xenoblade & New Vegas which I quit after about 40hrs each.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks