What's new

The Office - season 6 (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
This was truly a great episode. Too many highlights to go over. Everyone in this great cast got a moment to shine.

Oh yeah, I am never getting ice from a hotel bin again!

mike caronia

Second Unit
Funniest show I've watched in a long time.
Every scene had me laughing out loud.
Creed eating his Lo Mein.
Andy ripping his scrotum.
Kevin wearing the tissue boxes.
Toby being hopeful there wasn't going to be a wedding.
Dwight kicking the maid of honor in the face.
Memaw.

Who is the blonde girl who played Pam's sister...so familiar..

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Have to join in the chorus, a really solid and funny episode for an event 6 seasons in the making.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Albert_M

Great episode. Really excellent all around.

Michael slept with Pam's mom? I must have missed a scene.
It was the very last beat of the episode, as the credits were rolling. The scene primarily tracks Kevin sticking his formally tissue-box-clad feet into the ice machine that Michael used as urinal, but then the camera pulls out of the vending room and lingers at a point down the hall where we see Pam's mom drag Michael into her room by his tie.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The wedding dance number was about the least funny thing I've ever seen on the show. Based on the dialogue, it was a nod to a You Tube video but I don't watch crap like that so it was a joke that completely missed me. What's worse is how poorly such a big event in the course of the series will age.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
The youtube video was a huge viral hit (as big as those things can get) so not seeing would change the dynamic of the scene. I assume the writers thought most of the show's audience had seen the video.

yes it will age. But they know that. It's tacky now. It's cheesy now. It's hopelessly dated with its song, but that's part of it all.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Albert_M ">[/url]

The youtube video was a huge viral hit (as big as those things can get) so not seeing would change the dynamic of the scene. I assume the writers thought most of the show's audience had seen the video.

[/QUOTE]
I'm sure most of the audience has seen that video and it makes sense that the Dunder Mifflin employees would have forwarded it to each other too and would all be familiar with it. I'm just out of the You Tube viral video loop.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see the video either, and so didn't really get the joke, but in the end I don't think it matters, snice that wasn't their "real" wedding. The shots with them on the Maid of the Mist were the real wedding, and both actors did a tremendous job with it.

EDIT: Found the original:

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
FWIW, I never saw the youtube wedding video and thought the last 8mins of the Office were fantastic. It had that season or even series finale thing to it and thought it was just an outright outstanding last series of scenes. The Dwight kick was his best move since The Spin Move. I also saw the original JK wedding entrance after because of the Office and thought that was fantastic in its own right.

You also had the 3 Wolfs T-shirt reference in the episode for those hating dated stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Wolf_Moon

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR

The wedding dance number was about the least funny thing I've ever seen on the show. Based on the dialogue, it was a nod to a You Tube video but I don't watch crap like that so it was a joke that completely missed me. What's worse is how poorly such a big event in the course of the series will age.
I completely disagree. I never saw the YouTube video either, but to me, having all the characters break loose and have fun gave the end of the episode a celebratory feel that transcends the song and YouTube reference. It seemed to me to be saying that the getting married part is a personal thing, but the wedding is for the rest of the people in your life. Jim and Pam took care of the part that was important to them to allow everyone else to just be what they are.

It did feel a bit like breaking the fourth wall, though, since the show's main characters were all dancing down the aisle while none of the other guests (non wedding party people) were.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Is Erin looking hotter with each new episode or what? It also looks like she and Andy will be sitting in a tree soon...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
OK. I missed that Michael used the ice machine as a urinal. I thought he was just trying to smooth out his pants not taking a whiz.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

It was the very last beat of the episode, as the credits were rolling. The scene primarily tracks Kevin sticking his formally tissue-box-clad feet into the ice machine that Michael used as urinal, but then the camera pulls out of the vending room and lingers at a point down the hall where we see Pam's mom drag Michael into her room by his tie.

Thank you for the final beat description! My DVR crapped out for the last 30 seconds or so, and I missed all of that.

Overall, an A+ and perfect 10 for the episode.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I really enjoyed the episode as well...I thought they made it work even though I wasn't a fan of the fact that they were even having a wedding.

I had seen the YouTube deal before, but to tell you the truth I had forgotten about it until Jim mentioned it. I think it actually worked better for me having forgotten the YouTube bit. Knowing that brought it down a notch for me.

This episode would have made for a great SERIES finale.

I missed the Michael peeing in the ice as well - I thought he was just flattening his pants.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /forum/thread/293098/the-office-season-6/30#post_3616708
I just watched this scene again and he definitely wasn't peeing. The ice machine door was closed. But I agree...your version would have been funnier!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks