What's new

The new version of The Time Machine by July 23? (1 Viewer)

Oscar

Second Unit
Okay, let me tell you that i totally love this movie.
I am a very open minded person (That dosent mean i liked "Battlefield Earth", UGH!).
I heard on a DVD website that is going to be with an audio commentary. But no DTS, thats a real shame :frowning: for such a great popcorn film like this.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
What is the date in the title for? I assume it was mentioned at the website that you're talking about. Link? I passed on it in theaters, but must pick up the dvd.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
You know what, I've seen the new version and I didn't like it either. I thought the purpose of this thread was to discuss the release of the DVD, not the merits (or lack thereof) of the film itself. Perhaps I'm mistaken. :)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Dwayne, I don't think that any specs have even been announced and I haven't heard any rumors regarding the release, so I don't know how much more we can really discuss right now.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I got this from another site:

"Patrick from Davis DVD reports the specs.

Anamorphic widescreen (2.35:1)

DD 5.1

subtitles

Audio Commentary with director Simon Wells and editor Wayne Wahrman

audio commentary with producer David Valdes, production designer Oliver Scholl and FX supervisor James E. Price

deleted scenes

3 making-of featurettes

interview with Stan Winston

storyboards

trailer"

Oscar

Second Unit
I love both versions of the Time Machine. I give the new one like an 8.5 and the old one a 9.9

Yet im very open minded so that might have been the reason why i liked the new version.

I also like all the films by Micheal Bay.

But i certainly hate Glitter, Battlefield Earth, Waterworld...

And while i didnt like the new version of Planet of the Apes or Evolution, I DO have a sneaky affection for it.

And that is indeed the website where i got the info.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I watched the original last night and very well written I have to say. Rod Taylor is spot on as the inventor going to the future. What really surprised me was the fact that after 42 years the Special Effects still hold up, I will definately go see the Remake.
Oscar Merkx
:emoji_thumbsup:

Oscar

Second Unit
Good news. This isn´t a WB release, but a Dreamworks one.

And the DVD will include a DTS track.

What a shame, that they dont to trailers with DTS on DVDs, because i wanted to hear the first teaser on DTS!.

SvenS

Second Unit
There going to have to due one heck of a job with the video transfer to compete with the stellar job done with the 1960 Time Machine release! That is one of the most pristine transfers I've seen for a film that old!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks