What's new

Directors The Mindgame Movies- the tournament (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
EL TOPO bests FALILV 2-1.

ROUND 1, MATCH 4
---------------------------

MULHOLLAND DR.

VS.

THE SIXTH SENSE

My vote: Even a braindead person could guess which film I'm going to vote for, that film being one of my top three favorite films of all time, MULHOLLAND DR. I love SIXTH SENSE, but as stated, Lynch's best is one of my absolute favs, and SS wasn't all that mind bending to me.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Interesting matchup.

For me, I'm not really sure what the point would be of revisiting The Sixth Sense now that I know the punchline so to speak.

On the other hand, Mulholland Dr. just gets better and better with each viewing.

Mulholland Dr.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
For me, I'm not really sure what the point would be of revisiting The Sixth Sense now that I know the punchline so to speak
There's a lot of truth to that statement. At the same time, the story is told very well, so I do find it to be quite rewatchable.

That said, I will still go with Mulholland Dr. in a close one.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Re: The Sixth Sense

And this goes for other M Night Shymalsfas (I can't spell it. :angry: ). I think the reason I respect this man so much is because he does an excellent job of using "hooks" to get his audience interested in his stories. Sure The Sixth Sense is about some kid that can see dead people, Unbreakable is about a real life superhero, while Signs is about an alien invasion.

However, those "hooks" are ancillary to the heart of his movies. I think the first two deal more with reconcilliation and love then anything else. Signs deals moreso with a man and his faith.

I'm just saying this because I have a lot of good reasons for revisiting Night's films while others may not. I guess his films play a lot better on screen and in my head a lot better. Just some food for thought for other folks. Oh well, I've derailed the thread. Resuming mind f***ing. :)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
No argument there...I never saw it coming.
Nor I!

That being said, within the same nanosecond that they began to reveal the "punchline" (as you put it), I realized exactly what had happened.

I agree with Dome's comments about Shyamalan's work (the spelling really isn't that difficult Dome :) ).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks