What's new

The Mentalist season 7 (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
So we are yet ting a shortened final season. Still enjoying the show. Has anyone noticed a change in the relationship between Abbot and Jane. When they first met. Abbot hated Jane and wanted to throw him in Jane. Now, they are almost friends. He now gives Jane a lot more lattitude and will even cover for him.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The change really started happening a few episodes into the switch over last season. They know what a special one-of-a-kind talent he is and treasure him.

You know, I know CBS doesn't produce the series (Warners does), so extending the show for additional seasons isn't really in their best interests (a show of this age is expensive to produce), but I still think there is a lot of life left in the show. I know the three leading actors who have been with the show from the start and who are still with it may be tiring of their roles, but I've only tired of the show during the ridiculously drawn out Red John story arc wrapping things up last season. If CBS hadn't made it a 10 p.m. show for several years, I think it could still have been a top ten show.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I'm still watching the show, primarily for the cast. I haven't been really impressed with the writing this season but I still find things to enjoy in the show - mostly the chemistry of the cast members. I was disappointed that Emily Swallow didn't return for season seven, but perhaps with the Jane / Lisbon relationship being where it is the Kim Fischer character was no longer needed. (?)

Abbot was very antagonistic towards Jane but he is also smart and knows that Jane gets results and altered his approach. (I believe it isn't that uncommon for tv series to have antagonistic superiors who become supporters. I re-watched Fringe over the past six months and had forgotten just how dismissive Broyles was of Dunham in the first handful of episodes in season 1.)

I do agree with Matt that CBS really mis-handled the show when they moved it around. Still, seven seasons isn't a small number.

- Walter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I'm glad these final episodes aren't simply going through the motions. But it's clear we ARE heading to a finale with Cho now being set up as unit director.

Dylan Baker is so great at playing a jerk.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just saw the series finale. I thought it was a nice ending for the series.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I'm happy that they were able to give the show a nice send off. I've been a fan since it first premiered so in some ways I'm sorry that it is over, but it had run its course and wrapped up nicely. It would have been nice if the show could have arranged for Virgil and Hightower to be present for the conclusion, but I guess not.

Too bad about Vega, but I'm glad that the original team made it out unscathed. Curious to see what is next for Baker and Tunney.

- Walter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree. A fine wrap-up for the series even if one had to suspend disbelief that Lazarus would have made it out alive not knowing what was going to happen.

I loved Jane in the jewelry store.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Something was bugging me about the final episodes Wednesday, so I went to IMDB and checked the credits. Tork had previously appeared for one episode in season 4 when Jane was assigned to Ray Haffner's team. Jane played a prank on Tork, targeting his short stature, in an effort to disrupt Haffner's group.

- Walter.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I think Tork was brought back to throw people off the track of who the real bad guy was. Agree there is NO CHANCE that Lazarus survives that explosion, let alone has the wherewithal to plan another attack on Jane. Sad to see this series go as we have enjoyed it from the beginning. Wonder if there will be a spin off with Cho in charge of something?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks