What's new

The Legend of Lizzie Borden With Elizabeth Montgomery-Finally! (1 Viewer)

cwilli

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cheryl Williams
I have a feeling this title will be released for sure this time. I'm guessing that this title was held back so that they could release it in October in time for Halloween.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Here's the link to their web page with large cover art.
http://www.newvideo.com/flatiron-film-company/the-legend-of-lizzie-borden/

LegendOfLizzieBorden_b.JPG

cwilli

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cheryl Williams
JohnMor said:
Not crazy about the cover, but the important thing is that it's finally coming out. Thanks for the link.
yeah, it dosen't leave a lot to the imagination.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I think the artist was aiming for a "grindhouse" effect like a tattered poster with creases, but yes, without giving away any spoilers, her dress shouldn't have any blood stains on it.

Here's the actual photo that was used for the artwork:
!Buj8rS!BWk~$(KGrHqIOKj!EvPVPeLByBM!3DFdV(Q~~_12.JPG

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
cwilli said:
yeah, it dosen't leave a lot to the imagination.
Are you thinking it's a spoiler? My goodness, I'm sure there very very few who did not know the general background of this story when it was first released. I presume most still know it. Seem's like it's like complaining about a cover of a civil war movie with Appomattox on the cover.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
The dvd is in my hot little hands as we speak (or I type... whatever.) I can't wait to watch it tonight. I know this film by heart, and I still can't wait.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Well, how's the picture and sound quality?? I am getting my copy next week for my birthday.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Pretty good. Lots of tiny speckles here and there, but mostly clean. Blacks are a bit too heavy for my taste, but I'm sure that can be fixed with either your player or TV settings. I didn't bother. Color is very good, and maybe just a tad (but only a tad) oversaturated. But nothing blooms, so it's good. Some very slight wavering on the text. Sharpness and detail are quite good, if not spectacular. The sound was excellent. All in all, I was VERY pleased watching it. Especially considering it's a 40 year old TV movie. I'm so glad to have it and looking so good.

The only thing that would be better is if Shout! or some cult label were to to do a "Special Edition" with a new transfer and digital cleanup (I think this transfer may be an older one). But this edition is quite good, and it was so immersive, I got sucked into it to a degree that I hadn't experienced in quite a while. A remarkable film, really. The performances are sensational. I always think of Elizabeth when I think of this film, but Katherine Helmond and Ed Flanders and Fionnula Flanagan are all just as superb. Everybody just hit it out of the ballpark, right down to the smallest supporting actor.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Nitpicky question, is the original Paramount Television logo at the end of the movie, or have they removed it, or worse, put on the modern-day CBS Television Studios logo as on recent classic TV box set releases? Can't stand CBS' logo plastering, even though Paramount's '70's TV logos scared me as a kid.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Mark Edward Heuck said:
Nitpicky question, is the original Paramount Television logo at the end of the movie, or have they removed it, or worse, put on the modern-day CBS Television Studios logo as on recent classic TV box set releases? Can't stand CBS' logo plastering, even though Paramount's '70's TV logos scared me as a kid
I just checked and yes, it's the original 1970s Paramount logo (same one used for The Brady Bunch, and early seasons of Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks