What's new

The Leftovers (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I watched it well after the initial release, mainly because I couldn't get past the title. :D

I can't remember if I had any of the "meh" reaction others have expressed about season 1. I just realize the overall impact of the series as a whole.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I finished watching the finale the other day. This season was an easy watch at only 28 episodes, in total.

For those who stopped at Season One, I can only urge that you move forward. It gets much, much better.

In fact, Season Two goes in such a totally different direction/setting that it's almost like starting a new show. S2 stars with a rather lengthy recap of the first season so it will be easy to get your feet wet again.

It's amazing how this show deals with loss and human emotions. There are episodes that are completely surreal and mind-blowing. And while none of the answers are spoon-fed to you, I felt by the very end, I was satisfied with the answers I got.

An amazing, first-rate emotional rollercoaster of a series! I won't forget it anytime soon.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I watched S1 last year (or maybe it was in 2021), and I was kinda meh on it.

I definitely had a similar reaction. Great performances, great production values, but it fell into a genre I’m not a fan of - the “our entire story is based on a supernatural occurrence creating a mystery that we are not going to solve or even attempt to explain”. I respect that that works for some audiences but I tend to have a harder time with sci-fi shows that go out of their way to pretend they’re not sci-fi.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Not sure how I feel on the show after one. I like the concept but if it's going to Be cult Vs cult I won't be interested in that.

I‘m glad I finished this series.
It wasnt as it aired because I only have hbo intermittently but season 2 and 3 are as good as anything I’ve ever watched on tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks