What's new

The Invaders on Bu ray...When?!!! (2 Viewers)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The Invaders was a perfect vehicle driving the 60s paranoia that pervaded the news of that time. In with the "Invation of the Body Snatchers" feel, I loved it as a kid and endlessly searched years later for a decent copy for my collection. After everything, I was able to get a Canadian Bootlegged copy taken off a TV broadcasts. Better than nothing!!!
At long last Quinn Martin/Paramount decided to release the 1st season on DVD...I instantly grabbed it!! thre Second follwed a few years later, and grabbed that as well.

My question is where is the Blu Ray Box set???

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I've given up on asking these sorts of questions. There's no telling what any given studio/label's priorities are with respect to physical media these days. I get to feel an unexpected pleasure when something like this is released without suffering the agony of waiting endlessly for it to happen.
No massive pathos here J, just putting it out there...it would be a wonderful thing to have happen, I have the DVD sets...but, always searching and hopeing for an upgrade when I can, right? Really it's just a Nerd Call, to see if anyone else feels the way I do?

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
The Invaders was a perfect vehicle driving the 60s paranoia that pervaded the news of that time. In with the "Invation of the Body Snatchers" feel, I loved it as a kid and endlessly searched years later for a decent copy for my collection. After everything, I was able to get a Canadian Bootlegged copy taken off a TV broadcasts. Better than nothing!!!
At long last Quinn Martin/Paramount decided to release the 1st season on DVD...I instantly grabbed it!! thre Second follwed a few years later, and grabbed that as well.

My question is where is the Blu Ray Box set???

That series really needs an upgrade and a good picture restoration.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
That series really needs an upgrade and a good picture restoration.
it took forever just to get a dvd release, it sure would be nice to hve a contact @ Paramont, LOL!!! But agreed, this series needs some well deserved attention. I did like the Roy Thinnes intros though!!

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Maybe of there's a movie version or some kind of revival. Until then, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Heck, we're lucky CBS Video put it out themselves and didn't farm it out to VEI. But unless they do a restoration (some episodes look a little crummy and the sound on a few is godawful) an HD release won't help.

That being said, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if they did one.

EDIT: if they upgrade to HD for streaming, then I could see a physical release.

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Maybe of there's a movie version or some kind of revival. Until then, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Heck, we're lucky CBS Video put it out themselves and didn't farm it out to VEI. But unless they do a restoration (some episodes look a little crummy and the sound on a few is godawful) an HD release won't help.

That being said, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if they did one.

EDIT: if they upgrade to HD for streaming, then I could see a physical release.
Sometimes all it takes is staring the conversation, and asking the right questions to the right people...and time. And I agree, the series needs a decent wax on wax off. There are a few QM and Invaders forums, you never know who are reading them, right?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Sometimes all it takes is staring the conversation, and asking the right questions to the right people...and time. And I agree, the series needs a decent wax on wax off. There are a few QM and Invaders forums, you never know who are reading them, right?

This isn't much different than yelling into an "echo chamber". Especially if the decision makers don't read online message boards nor any other relevant social media.

These days I have to wonder who is even running the home video divisions at these large movie companies. If I had to guess, it is probably a "dumping ground" for executives who are almost retired and had already lost the intra-company "political" battles. (ie. Nobody wants to be running a department which is shrinking with time).

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
This isn't much different than yelling into an "echo chamber". Especially if the decision makers don't read online message boards nor any other relevant social media.

These days I have to wonder who is even running the home video divisions at these large movie companies. If I had to guess, it is probably a "dumping ground" for executives who are almost retired and had already lost the intra-company "political" battles. (ie. Nobody wants to be running a department which is shrinking with time).
All based on your perceptions, assumptions and speculations...time will tell.

eight ball GIF

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Maybe of there's a movie version or some kind of revival. Until then, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

(Without getting heavily into politics).

If there ever was a reboot, nowadays the "paranoia" might resemble something like q-anon type stuff.

It would likely relegate it to a basic cable channel, or possibly the CW if the characters are younger. (Paramount still owns 12.5% of the CW).

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
I would buy it on blu ray, though I think it's an unlikely release. I don't think that the DVDs are bad as some feel though.

I would also love to see a new version of the show. It could be interesting as something contemporary or retro, with the added advantage of being able to have a story that could advance.

I don't think that it could survive on a network, even the CW. In fact, if it were a CW show, it would likely not work for what this show needs to be.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I would buy it on blu ray, though I think it's an unlikely release. I don't think that the DVDs are bad as some feel though.

I would also love to see a new version of the show. It could be interesting as something contemporary or retro, with the added advantage of being able to have a story that could advance.

I don't think that it could survive on a network, even the CW. In fact, if it were a CW show, it would likely not work for what this show needs to be.
Other than a couple of first season episodes, they look just fine. CBS was generally pretty good at their releases, but some need restoration. There may not be adequate source materials at this point.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

if the writing was strong enough maybe an outfit like Hulu or Netflix? Hell, Roku is producing some independent projects...it seems that with all the streaming services that there are, there just might be a place for a revised look at the Invaders series...and I never said that the dvd sets were bad, just that upgrading them to BD format and some techno-tweaking would upgrade the series for future generations...

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
I would have thought the more popular The Fugtive would have been the first choice over The Invaders. Also other QM series such as the Streets of San Francisco.

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
There is also the quasi The Invaders sequel from 1995 with Scott Bakula where Roy Thinnes as David Vincent appears.

Limited DVD release, got mine from Germany.

Attachments

• A0D87173-BC5C-4876-8CB3-A31D11DE7AEB.jpeg
    A0D87173-BC5C-4876-8CB3-A31D11DE7AEB.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 30

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
There is also the quasi The Invaders sequel from 1995 with Scott Bakula where Roy Thinnes as David Vincent appears.

Limited DVD release, got mine from Germany.
V was just ok, the original series was stronger, especoally in the 1st season, and I think if memory serves, it was a writers strike that shot the second season in the hindquarters.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I would have thought the more popular The Fugtive would have been the first choice over The Invaders. Also other QM series such as the Streets of San Francisco.
Do you mean first choice to be put on Blu-Ray or first choice to be remade?

There was a reboot of The Fugitive series in 2000 with Tim Daly. It aired after CSI. One of those shows was a huge hit! Heh! (The Fugitve lasted one season. It had the same one-armed man premise as the orginal.) There was also a reboot with Keifer Sutherland in 2020 on Quibi.

I have been saying for a long time that The Streets of San Francisco is ripe for a reboot considering shows like Hawaii Five-O and MacGuyver and Magnum, P.I. have been successfully rebooted.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Do you mean first choice to be put on Blu-Ray or first choice to be remade?

There was a reboot of The Fugitive series in 2000 with Tim Daly. It aired after CSI. One of those shows was a huge hit! Heh! (The Fugitve lasted one season. It had the same one-armed man premise as the orginal.) There was also a reboot with Keifer Sutherland in 2020 on Quibi.

I have been saying for a long time that The Streets of San Francisco is ripe for a reboot considering shows like Hawaii Five-O and MacGuyver and Magnum, P.I. have been successfully rebooted.
Unfortunatly McGuyver, Magnum P.I. and Hawaii Five-O where all axed from the Paramount+ lineup....made no sense to me but!!!

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
if the writing was strong enough maybe an outfit like Hulu or Netflix? Hell, Roku is producing some independent projects...it seems that with all the streaming services that there are, there just might be a place for a revised look at the Invaders series...and I never said that the dvd sets were bad, just that upgrading them to BD format and some techno-tweaking would upgrade the series for future generations...

There are a lot of streaming networks where it could have a home. It doesn't have to be expensive to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks