What's new

The Greater Cleveland (Ohio) Area Meet Thread V.1 (1 Viewer)

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Thanks for the compliment Willie!

Awesome Goerge!, That would be great if you could come and check it out for me one of these days!

On a side note I just came back from Best Buy and bought T3 and Finding Nemo both of which I haven't seen. Its going to be a fun evening.

My TV researching is not going as easy as I thought it would. With everything I've researched for what I've bought it has been pretty straight forward. Lots of great solid products to choose from, so the only hard part was deciding which brand to go with. With TV's on the other hand they all seem to have flaws and its deciding which flaws you want to deal with is the main problem. No matter what price range TV's still have flaws.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Ok, it is now changed to public. Thanks for the heads up. Does it display in the thread now that I changed it?

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
No, I'm still getting a page error. Maybe the link is not valid.

This is off topic but I just noticed I registered exactly a year from today.

Alright guys the Infocus X1 projector is back up front again on my to buy list. I have one question. Could I get by with only 11 feet of distance? If I can what size am I looking at here? George you been to my place what do you think can I do? I do think I might have issues with the damn air conditioner built into the wall so I could probably wall mount it but I would probably have to make some kind of brackets about 4-1/2 inches long.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Ferdinand,

I edited the link for the preview pic. Please let me know if it works for you. I don't know why the other link didn't work. I used my MSN account and was still able to see the pic. But, I messaged a friend of mine and they weren't. I've only had the computer for a year, so much to learn!:) Anyway, check it out.

As for the projector, there are soooooo many considerations you need to think about. Are you going to build a screen, or buy one, use a painted wall? Pull-down, or fixed? Type of gain? Grey, white, silver?

As for the screen size if you are going to use the X1 you can go to Infocus' website and use their screen size calculator. I think mine is about 13 feet back and it just fills my 92" screen. If you are at 11', then you'll obviously be smaller, but I couldn't say how much. How big of a screen do you want? If you go with a different projector, they all have different throw distances, so you can research to determine which projector will give you what size screen at what distance.

What about ambient light? How well can you control it?

Are you sure you want the X1? There's a new crop of projectors coming out right now. Maybe they would have more features you might want, like more lumens or resolution, etc. Native 16 X 9 display vs. 4:3.

I don't know how much of this you already know, so if I just gave you a bunch of things you've already thought about, then cool. And I am not trying to talk you out of an X1, I just wanted to make sure you didn't let upgraditis take a hold of you and cause regrets by jumping the gun just because you can't shake that itch! I did that with some speakers I'll show you guys at the meet and wasted my money. Not that they're bad, but they won't work in my small room. Anyway, if you've already figured out most of this stuff I'll be glad to help you out. Tim might be a guy to talk to at the meet too. And don't forget AVS, lots of good info! You already know about this forum so no reason to mention it (HTF:D).

Ok, gotta do some homework so I can do some patchwork,
George

:D

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
The link is working fine now. By the way how much of a delay did you set the camera to get ready for that shot. :D Looks like you had it planned out. :D Nice picture of your setup.

[Huge Edit]

I was rambling on about possibly wanting a projector but I changed my mind.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Ferdinand, quit changing your fricken' mind! :D
Just kidding, that's part of the fun of our hobby.

I just finished installing a receptacle for my X1 so it doesn't have to plug in down low anymore. I had one wired yesterday, but it was receiving lots of feedback from the transformers of the lights in the living room. I quickly unplugged it and can't see any damage so I think I'm ok. Of course the wiring for that plug was super easy, which is why I should have just ignored it and looked for the hardest route possible. Sure enough, that's what I ended up doing.:angry: I had to crawl in the tightest space possible in my house to be able to fish a wire through the floor to a circuit that's hardly being used. But, it's done so tonight I should be able to organize the pics I already have, take some more, and put them up on that site that I linked. I will be going to bed first, but I should get to it tonight. Finally.

Later,
Geo

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Ok, everyone, I now have pictures up on the net. It took me all day to do this so I hope it turned out ok. Let me know what you think. I probably will do minor changes to the site, but it's 98% done. I am going to add the link on my "house" icon or you can click here.

See everyone in a week!
George

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Nice George. Having the projector mounted makes a nice improvement. Honestly after seeing the hole in the ceiling I didn't think it would turn out well but it did. You did a really good job. Did you get a chance to submit your link so that they can add you to the theaters page?

I'll be there Saturday but I didn't take it off liked planned, but I still make it on time. I'll work until 3 and than head over to you place.

Well after much researching I've decided I'm going to go with a RPTV and have it calibrated once I break it in. I plan on purchasing a Mitsubishi 48" WS-48413 Silver Plus Series at the end of January. Once I get calibrated I'll have a meet at my place.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Ferdinand,

If you watch standard def. TV much, I'd look real close at the Pioneer Elite PRO-530HD 53" RPTV. Our friend Kevin has a WS series 65" Mits, and standard def. doesn't look good at all. Even Kev will admit that.

But, DVD's and HD look FANTASTIC on the Mits!! Very impressive.

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
I don't watch TV that much and when I do its usually in the computer room or in the bedroom. So the RPTV will be strictly for DVD viewing.

Thomas R Sch

Auditioning
Your meeting sounds like great idea i would like to attend if have room Please email address or pm me Thank you Tom

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Welcome Tom,

First post and your already ready for a meet! Welcome to the forum. Or have you been a long time visitor? I'll PM ya!

George

Thomas R Sch

Auditioning
Hi George i am a newbie just bought a samsung hln4365 lots questions see if can make list if i don't loose it looking forward meeting all fellow Cleveland and near by city's enthusiastic

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks