What's new

The GREAT $500 receiver shootout (1 Viewer)

LUKassZ32

Agent
Real Name
luke
The more I look the more models I want. Due to the fact that I have a $200 circuit city gift card I am sticking with them. Now in question is their 3 $500 models. Onkyo 604 had for $450
Pioneer 1016 had for $450
Denon 787 had open box for $379

Due to the price I am HEAVILY leaning toward the Denon. Any reason other than HDMI that should sway my choice??

Jacob C

Second Unit
I would still buy a panasonic xr-57 and use the gift card for something else. Out of those I would probably lean toward the denon but I've never listened to that model.

Steve_Drake

Stunt Coordinator
ive been using my onkyo 501 (maybe 502) to power some paradigm speakers for about 4 years now. Its been great, easy to use, pretty good sound and reliable. after 4 years of college house abuse it works fine.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
The Onkyo or the Pioneer, though I'm partial to the Pioneer because I've seen several in-store Onkyos the past couple years with malfunctioning volume controls (erratic volume step changes & volume going up all by itself).

Why not the Denon? After selling audio for several years and seeing how many people treat gear they know they will be returning. For all you know it was hit by a surge and is just about to blow X component the next time the A/C turns on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorlanm
Recent bookmarks