What's new

The Fugitive-A QM Production (1 Viewer)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I think this means Paramount is finally getting it together and releasing more of their classic dramas on DVD. There have been whispers of The Fugitive being released on DVD in the past, but nothing concrete about Paramount or a possible date. I don't mind if the seasons are split because if it ensures that the entire series is released, then it's well worth paying a little extra. I just hope the episodes are uncut and not timesped!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Same for me, Joshua. This one will almost be like a blind-buy for me since I haven't seen any of these since their original airings. My Dad never missed this one in our house so I have some faint memories of it but I'll be getting this series on DVD, partly due to the HTF'er's posts/info here :) But, I won't buy if this set contains edited ("syndicated") versions. I'll wait for some reviews here before I get this one. The "Timespeed" thing doesn't bother me since I have the entire "Combat!" series and my ear just can't detect the "lexiconing" effect of the eps. I guess it's an individual thing about the Time-Compressed issue, similar to those that can detect PAL vs NTSC "speed-up". I can't detect either of these issues on my DVD's.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I'm really interested in this series, I saw the first and final episode when the movie, which I loved, came out and I liked what I saw. I really like that the series has a good beginning and a satisfying ending, which a lot of series lack. Thought it looks to be released in Volumes instead of season sets, this makes it easier for me to afford than full season sets, if it's as cheap as VTTBOTS.

phil*

Second Unit
Real Name
Andro
I'll believe the new rumors of "The Fugitive"s impending release when the dvd is finally released; too many false rumors in the past have left me somewhat cynical...

phil*

Second Unit
Real Name
Andro
FINALLY....almost 40 years to the day when the series concluded....we will all be able to hear the dulcid tones of William Conrad once again...

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I heard William Conrad in 2006 in well over 400 episodes of the radio version of GUNSMOKE as Marshal Matt Dillon. I also heard him in numerous episodes of two great radio anthology series: ESCAPE and SUSPENSE.

All free to download on fine OTR websites everywhere. :)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Since we've resurrected this thread too, I'll repeat my posting of a 1280x960 screen grab from the new DVD's "Nightmare At Northoak." One can use it as a cool background wallpaper for the computer.

http://home.earthlink.net/~hgn2001/s...itiveframe.jpg

It's the classic still used for the series' logo throughout seasons 2 and 3, with a colored version for season 4.

Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks