What's new

The Flash - season 2 (1 Viewer)

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
This season is off to a very good start and this was another good episode. It was great having Michael Ironside as Snart's dad, Snart isn't the only "cold" one in the family.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I loved Captain Cold working with The Flash instead of against him. I was also relieved Iris didn't have a conniption fit over Joe's well-intentioned lies.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yes, for once, revealing a secret didn't result in one character walking off in a huff and carrying a grudge for 7 episodes or so. That was nice. Nice work by Jesse Martin in that scene too.

The show has a fun confidence about it now, which is kinda nice.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
Yes, for once, revealing a secret didn't result in one character walking off in a huff and carrying a grudge for 7 episodes or so. That was nice. Nice work by Jesse Martin in that scene too.

The show has a fun confidence about it now, which is kinda nice.

They did this on "Arrow". When Oliver tells Thea he is the Arrow. Everyone expected her to flip out. She didn't and understood why he did it.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Let's be honest, yesterday's episode was really about starting the rehabilitation of Captain Cold's character ahead of "Legends of Tomorrow". For all that, it was still a fun hour. It's nice to see Barry not be a complete idiot this season. His solution to Lewis Snart shooting him was clever and effective. I also liked that Michael Ironside's Lewis Snart was a real criminal in a world of comic book criminals. It made a nice contrast between father and son.

Agree with the kudos for Jesse L. Martin's performance.

I enjoy the chemistry between Jay Garrick and Caitlin.

It'll be interesting to see what this latest version of Harrison Wells brings to the table.

The neat thing about them introducing the concept of multiple earths this season is that it provides a mechanism for a crossover down the road between "Supergirl" and the DC Television Universe on the CW. If the "Flash"/"Arrow" universe is Earth-One, and Jay Garrick's universe is Earth-Two, Supergirl's universe could be Earth-Three.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Spoilerific look at the future for one of our main characters:

Danielle Panakbaker as Killer Frost
Flash_S02_015.jpg

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Adam Lenhardt said:
Let's be honest, yesterday's episode was really about starting the rehabilitation of Captain Cold's character ahead of "Legends of Tomorrow". For all that, it was still a fun hour.

Yeah, there were certain moments that felt like set up for Legends of Tomorrow, including the Dr. Stein stuff at the end. The same goes with last week's Arrow. I'm okay with both because the stories make sense in the greater context of their individual shows. They felt more organic than, say, the tag with Oliver and Barry in the graveyard on Arrow...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, now we know why Franz Drameh is a series regular on "Legends of Tomorrow"...

And something tells me that Francine's son is named Wally.

Jason_V said:
Yeah, there were certain moments that felt like set up for Legends of Tomorrow, including the Dr. Stein stuff at the end. The same goes with last week's Arrow. I'm okay with both because the stories make sense in the greater context of their individual shows. They felt more organic than, say, the tag with Oliver and Barry in the graveyard on Arrow...

I agree with you. The crossovers last season really pulled me out of both shows. The "Legends of Tomorrow" setup works because it deals with the fallout of stuff that happened in the original show. Stein's a "Flash" character, through and through. Sara Lance is an "Arrow" character through and through.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I was wondering how they were going to convince someone to meld with a stranger. I like that this episode was more character driven than action this week. I wasn't expecting the hand to grab Barry at the end and it's interesting that Barry is attracted to Patty. I don't mind the set-ups for Legends of Tomorrow. Good episode.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I also don't mind the set-ups for Legends; they're well done and still move the story along for the main characters. One question: Why has no one suspected that Ronnie could be alive the same way Jay Garrick is - he simply landed on the alternate earth?

The shark looked pretty cool. It could have been a silly thing, but they pulled it off.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Gerry Conway tweeted out that Jefferson Jackson was a HS Class mate of Ronnie when he writing Firestorm.

I was reading the book back then but don't recall Jackson at all.

I do remember Doreen(Ronnie's GF) and Cliff who would become the Thinker.

King Shark=AWESOME.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Season 2 has fixed every problem I had with Season 1. The stories are smart, the characters are smart. The emotional resonances of the characters are lined up. Good chemistry is happening with Barry and Spivok (?). Iris has something interesting going on with her mom. Transitions are being made for Legends of Tomorrow. The primary story is moving forward apace.

Everything is working on The Flash. I'm impressed.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Fun showcase for Cisco Ramon tonight. Carlos Valdes isn't the most gifted actor on the show, but he does have the best comedic timing. Cisco's running commentary on Barry's date with Patty just killed me. And like most comedic actors, he can sell the dramatic moments too.

And I'm glad Barry both made the date, in spite of being blind, and told a sanitized version of the truth when Patty called him out on it rather than coming up with an unsatisfactory defection that would have raised Patty's suspicions. This show has learned from "Smallville's" mistakes.

Stupendous performance from Tom Cavanagh as the Earth-Two doppleganger of the man Eobard Thawne murdered and replaced a long time ago. I like that he showcases the brilliance we've come to associate with Wells but not the charismatic self-possession. There's a directness to Cavanagh's performance here that was never present in season one, even though this Wells clearly has his secrets.

(My only complaint with the multiverse dopplegangers is that, given the vast differences in the two Earths' histories, it seems implausible that the same people would reproduce with the same people at the same moments down through the generations to arrive at anybody who is the same on both Earths in 2015.)

I'm glad they're giving Malese Jow more to do. Dr. Light was one of the more interesting metahuman threats. Part of me still thinks they're just keeping her on ice until Wally shows up down the road, though.

Interesting reveal that Violett Beane is playing the Earth-Two Wells's daughter, given that she was announced as playing:

Jesse Quick

My leading theory through the episode was that her character actually BECAME Zoom as a result of the particle accelerator incident on Earth-Two. That theory was obviously shot down when Zoom had her imprisoned at the end of the episode. I wonder if:

...the Earth-One version of her is actually Jesse Quick

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Very good episode. I like how everyone but Cisco is coming up with the names this season and I like the personality difference with Wells. Cavanagh is a talented actor. Each character's reaction to him feels genuine. I'm glad the blindness wasn't overly dwelled on and Barry and Patty have great chemisty together :). I love the look of Zoom, seems more menacing than RF. I wonder how he stole Jay's Speed? Dr. Light is my favourite of the one episode Meta-villains. she was well done!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very good episode. Was that the Earth Two Patty as Zoom's prisoner at the end?

BTW, I'm not up on my Flash mythology. I always thought the Reverse Flash was also known as Professor Zoom? Did they separate the characters at some point? Or am I just remembering something from 40 years ago?

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Adam Lenhardt said:
Fun showcase for Cisco Ramon tonight. Carlos Valdes isn't the most gifted actor on the show, but he does have the best comedic timing. Cisco's running commentary on Barry's date with Patty just killed me. And like most comedic actors, he can sell the dramatic moments too.

And I'm glad Barry both made the date, in spite of being blind, and told a sanitized version of the truth when Patty called him out on it rather than coming up with an unsatisfactory defection that would have raised Patty's suspicions. This show has learned from "Smallville's" mistakes.

Stupendous performance from Tom Cavanagh as the Earth-Two doppleganger of the man Eobard Thawne murdered and replaced a long time ago. I like that he showcases the brilliance we've come to associate with Wells but not the charismatic self-possession. There's a directness to Cavanagh's performance here that was never present in season one, even though this Wells clearly has his secrets.

(My only complaint with the multiverse dopplegangers is that, given the vast differences in the two Earths' histories, it seems implausible that the same people would reproduce with the same people at the same moments down through the generations to arrive at anybody who is the same on both Earths in 2015.)

I'm glad they're giving Malese Jow more to do. Dr. Light was one of the more interesting metahuman threats. Part of me still thinks they're just keeping her on ice until Wally shows up down the road, though.

Interesting reveal that Violett Beane is playing the Earth-Two Wells's daughter, given that she was announced as playing:

Jesse Quick

My leading theory through the episode was that her character actually BECAME Zoom as a result of the particle accelerator incident on Earth-Two. That theory was obviously shot down when Zoom had her imprisoned at the end of the episode. I wonder if:

...the Earth-One version of her is actually Jesse Quick

Would Earth-One's Wells and his wife have had time to have a daughter before his wife died in the car accident? They would have to work up a good explanation for that since there was no mention of a daughter in Wells' history in any of all last season.

I agree with your general complaint on the doppelgangers being the same people within the same time frame (with individual personalities being the only possible deviation), even though totally different circumstances throughout all of history would have, in reality, created a completely different world population by now.

But, I have to chalk it up to sci-fi view of multiple universes. It's not the first time we've seen this. Star Trek and Stargate SG-1 off the top of my head. I'm sure there are many others.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Some serious ironic foreshadowing by Danielle Panabaker's Caitlin Snow in the episode. Of course, with there being Earth-2 characters we don't know whether it is this Earth or the Earth-2 Caitlin Snow who might turn into a meta.

Sam, Professor Zoom is Reverse Flash in the comics. In this Earth-2 he could still be the Eobard Thawne for all we know. Lots of different timelines in play.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks