What's new

The Exterminator 1 & 2 (1 Viewer)

Ken_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know when the 1980 vigilante action movie The Exterminator will be re-released onto DVD, and when it's 1984 sequel might get a DVD release? I know the DVD of the original released by Anchor Bay has been out of print for some time already and is becoming very hard to find and goes for some insanely high prices on some sites (as much as $50 on some!). I read somewhere Blue Underground might re-issue it. Is this true? A Special Edition re-release of the director's cut of this film would be great. The original disc was completely bare-bones, so any supplements on a re-release would be a bonus (particularly a commentary track, a featurette or two, and some still galleries and the trailer). Plus an anamorphic widescreen transfer of course.

And is there any word on Exterminator 2? It would be great to have this on DVD too with an anamorphic widescreen transfer and some supplements (I've heard a making-of featurette for this film exists, does it? Also, are there any scenes that were deleted? There's speculation some scenes were trimmed and others removed entirely, and that there was even a different ending shot).

So, would anyone know the latest concerning these two cult action films from the 1980s on DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks