What's new

The day I got scared almost to death (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, well, actually, the article didn't state that the researchers who declined releasing their data didn't say it was because of money. Rather:
Of the geneticists who said they intentionally withheld data regarding their published work, 80 percent reported it required too much effort to produce the requested information, 64 percent said they were protecting the ability of a student or junior faculty member to publish and 53 percent said they were protecting their own right to publish further findings.
So, if you take their responses at face value, they did it for the "fame and glory" or because they were lazy-ass bastards. :) Oh, and to cover their asses...better that a colleague down the hall get the credit, rather than some complete stranger.
The article implied it was because of corporate interests, but, I admit, the data does not support the article's claim directly.
Under closer scrutiny, the article's conclusion is largely insupportable. But it is still plausible.
Sorry about that. :b

Scott Hayes

Second Unit
Like I said earlier in this thread I had a girlfriend who suffered from sleep paralysis. Having seen the problem first hand I can see how the mind could twist this into something it is not. It is a very scary experiance. There was a few times were she opened her eyes and looked at me and I knew she was awake but she couldnt do anything. Sometimes if I touched her arm or face she would snap out of it. She said that often it was hard for her to tell if she was asleep or awake. She finally started taking pills for a nervous didorder that over time really helped her. I found it interesting that as a child she was also a sleep walker.

Strange what the body does sometimes.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Just to bring this thread back to life, in reference to Eve's photos with mysterious globes in them - I've just been browsing the web & came across a series of pictures with *very similiar* looking globes in them.
http://www.arcadefever.com/red_alert...e_for_sale.htm
And the page makes the comment "ignore the globes, they're caused by the camera".
I thought people might be interested to see another example of this phenomena.

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
hey Brian,
Very interesting! Honestly, they look similar in that they are circular, but they dont look 3 dimensional as the ones in Eve's pics do.
Now there is something in that first pic on the door of that locker looking thing.
Is that a magnet or could that be one of those globes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks