What's new

The Dark Tower (August 4, 2017) (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Some more images:

the-dark-tower-4.jpg

the-dark-tower-6.jpg

the-dark-tower-5.jpg

the-dark-tower-3.jpg

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
All the EW articles can be found here:

The Dark Tower: EW's complete coverage of the Stephen King adaptation

Parts III, V, & VI are the meaty ones - and give you a good idea of how the movie will play out.

Any one download and try the Sombra app? You uncover pretty cool things when scanning Dark Tower pictures.

For example scanning the EW Cover gives you this:

sombra.jpg

Other images show you thinnies.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I've been thinking of reading the books.
Are these stories set as a western or is it different settings because I see the main guy is the Gunslinger and looks like a cowboy but I also see they are on a bus?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Are these stories set as a western or is it different settings because I see the main guy is the Gunslinger and looks like a cowboy but I also see they are on a bus?

The books are primarily set in a post-apocalyptic alternate universe, but Roland (the gunslinger) crosses to our world in modern times at different points, so to answer your question, both.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma

Further to Josh's post, the Dark Tower books are the poster child for cross genre fiction. It's got it all - SF, horror, fantasy, epic quest, romance, redemption, coming of age, mystery, thriller, action etc etc.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Idris Elba has wrapped filming his scenes for The Dark Tower, and it's been confirmed that there will be a spin-off TV series that adapts King's Wizard and Glass and explores the backstory of the characters. Elba is slated to appear as Roland:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-dark-tower-tv-series/

Dark-Tower-tv-series-map.jpg

Last edited:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
A TV miniseries seems to be an appropriate way to adapt Wizzard and Glass.

Though I wonder, since Eddy and Susanna aren't in the first movie will Roland be telling his story only to Jake?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The old date seemed pretty quick to me, give when they started.

The newer date is probably better in terms of having more time, but I worry that this will be ignored if it's dropped in the middle of a busy summer marketplace. Stephen King's name, for better or worse, doesn't seem to guarantee a hit at the box office anymore. I think, if done well, the movie could appeal to a wide audience, but I think it needs to come out at a time of year when movies get more than one weekend - word of mouth will be crucial to this movie, I don't think it can open huge on its own.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Very generic and non-descriptive. If I saw that poster anywhere than in this thread, I'd have no idea what it was promoting.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Unless maybe you've read the novels? ;) This teaser poster seems to be directly targeting those folks.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
It's a pretty weak poster. Especially when considering all the fantastic artwork already created for this series.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Pretty, pretty quiet on the DT front since the picture was moved to a summer release date. A positive sign that Sony still believes in the picture, happened last weekend as Elba flew into LA from Vancouver - where he is just wrapped shooting another novel adaptation - The Mountain Between Us - with Kate Winslett, to do some pickup shots for the DT movie.

Here he is with a 'popkin' and a Coke, and the ubiquitous -'spit bucket.'
3DF8EE5100000578-4283234-Taking_a_break_Idris_Elba_munched_on_a_baguette_while_sipping_on-a-2_1488712999328.jpg

Great to see a dustier look to him.

Full article here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4283234/Idris-Elba-chows-filming-scenes-LA.html

Hoping we get a teaser or trailer of some sort this month when Sony's - horror/SF flick - Life hits the theaters on March 28th.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks