What's new

The Cosby Show- Danny Kaye (The Dentist) (1 Viewer)

changa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
Hi,
Just wondering,if anybody had seen this particular episode from Season 1(I think).It was Danny Kaye's last official appearance on film,just before his death on March 3rd (As well as Lou Costello) in 1987.
I presume he gave a great performance as usual,but did he look as though his days were numbered?
Thanks for any feedback.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I saw it when it originally aired in 1986 and have seen it various times in reruns and on DVD (it's from season 2, it aired in Jan or Feb 1986, a little over a year before he passed). It was a cute episode, and while you could tell Danny was aging, he was in good spirits and looked to be in decent health in the episode, just getting up there in age.

changa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
Thanks for the information.
I thought the time gap was shorter.
I previously saw him in the Twillight Zone episode,where his character knew that he was going to die pretty soon.
They used to say that Danny Kaye Films were in some relation to what was happening to him "In His Real Life".

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I just finished watching the complete run of The Cosby Show, and it's interesting to me what a wide variety of guest stars they had, and at least two more I can think of died with in a year: Sammy Davis Jr. (guest starred in 1989, died in 1990) and Jim Valvano (guest starred in 1992, died in 1993). I'm sure there are others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks