What's new

The Amazing Race Season 24 (2/23): Returning All-Stars (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am very satisfied with the outcome of the race.

I had really feared, though, with the constant inclusion of "I want babies"
throughout the entire season, that the producers were setting us up for a
sympathetic Brenchel win. When I saw the "I want babies" line come up
again this week, I thought that they were eluding to who would win the race.

Glad to see that was not the case.

In all, a really good season.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Stan said:
Nice ending. Anybody but Brenchel was fine, I like both teams pretty evenly and the country girls took it very well, nice and polite and happy for Dave and Connor.

As mentioned above, the shot of Rachel looking up, seemingly abandoned was hilarious. And she had worked at the Mirage? You'd think being an ex-employee you might know where the "employee entrance" would be.
Their attempt at stealing the cab showed what shallow, awful people they are. Glad the cabbie stood his ground and said no.
That cabbie had my full respect and admiration, turning down Brenchel's underhanded attempt at sabotaging the Blondes. What an upstanding guy! He's the unofficial hero of the final leg of this race. :thumbsup:

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
When I heard that this race was ending in Vegas, I was like... again? Because the last time, I thought it was a complete bore. This time, it was more entertaining, but that may have more to do with the way things worked out for the teams than the actual tasks.While the David Copperfield task (as well as the digging task) was first in, first out, the look on the racers face was really something, thinking that something horrific happened to their teammate when that box dropped. And I did like how the race ended on skydiving to the finish line.

Once again, it comes down to cab luck. But is anyone really going to complain about that this time around? In other seasons, yes! This season, no!

Ironic that the way Brendan & Rachel would lose in a similar way as they did in their original season. If the bad cab did not seal their doom, then it was definitely walking through the entire hotel. And one that Rachel worked at, no less. The home field disadvantage has reared its ugly head once again! For the first half of the season, I actually thought they were more likeable, and even did not have any problem with them using the U-Turn. But they turned out to be worse this time around, as Rachel was back to her old ways, and Brendan showed this time, that he is a world class jerk!

I was hoping to see Jennifer & Caroline to win it all, and just sucks that they pretty much went through the entire race twice, and both times, never winning a single leg. But very impressive that they made it so far both times, and showed that their previous placement in their original season, is looking less like a fluke.

Congrats to Dave & Connor, for winning the race, and being the first parent-child team to win it in the US edition. I guess I would be okay with them winning the race if the country singers didn't win it. While I could have done without Dave's complaining, they did go out with winning 4 straight legs, after the one where they got U-Turned.

I thought this season was better than the 1st All-Stars, but not as good as Unfinished Business. In all honestly, I hope they don't do this type of season again.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was "half checked in" to the entire episode. This season, as I've mentioned before, lost me a long time ago, but that didn't keep me from watching.

Of the three teams left, I guess Dave and Connor were the best choices to win, but even I got tired of them after a while. No real excitement or tension in this episode...and I'm happy I wasn't the only one thinking Brendan and Rachel came in so far behind everyone went home from the finish mat.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
Bad news for any 'Race' fans who also watch 'Survivor' - the Twinnies are part of the new cast. Hope their torches get snuffed quickly.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
DaveHof2 said:
Bad news for any 'Race' fans who also watch 'Survivor' - the Twinnies are part of the new cast. Hope their torches get snuffed quickly.
Dont these people have regular jobs or are they just professional reality show contestants? The attraction of these shows is supposed to be competition between REAL people, not tv personalities. I'm really getting tired of these crossovers between race, survivor, and big brother. I guess its all about ratings, but I hate it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thankfully I don't watch Survivor. I don't know if I could stand them anymore.

And, honestly, I may not be watching TAR anymore. It was something the ex and I "did."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ugh. I watch Survivor. In fact, I've seen every season. This is going to be very, very tough.

And I agree that the cross-casting between shows was worn out a long time ago. I never took to it.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Oh please no... Everyone in my house hates the twinnies. I only hope they're on separate teams; they'll be more tolerable without their bickering.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I kind of like cross casting.

Some of the time.

But, I'd rather see Hantz, Junior than these obnoxious twins.

I've loathed them and their "Look at us, we're TWINS!!!" antics since the first time I saw them,

In fact, I tuned out of Amazing Race both times they were on, at least, until they were gone.

Oh, well, at least it's not Colton.

Although I'm sure we'll see him when they memorialize Caleb, may he rest in peace.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Good thing I don't watch "Survivor".

And this upcoming season of TAR will have a cross-casting as well, with a couple from "Survivor".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks