What's new

The Amazing Race Season 16 (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Walter C

I meant, moving to first class while the plane is in the air, would not be permitted. I've known people who tried to pull a fast one, moving to an empty 1st class seat, because they did not like sitting next to a certain passenger, but was told to go back to coach when they got caught.

I'm pretty sure they asked for permission before moving. I don't see a problem with asking for an upgrade- it was a smart move on their part, although I doubt it made a difference in the outcome.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
They were also smart in writing down the order of elimination of each team in anticipation of the memory challenge. They breezed through that challenge. (although the cowboys didn't do badly at it either).

I am not upset that Dan & Jordan won. They were my 2nd fav of the final three.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Spoiler Space

Spoiler Space

While as disappointed as anyone else that the cowboys lost, Team Bro won the race at the final challenge. Even if the cowboys had a slight lead on them, the fact that Team Bro had all the answers already from their notes ensured they only took a couple of minutes at the challenge. The backpack thing and the bump to 1st class really did nothing to help them win.

The cowboys, I think, blew it at LucasFilm in two ways - I'm sure Jet (?) could have slipped past without jumping out of the VR. And they definitely should have figured out the spinning around thing a lot sooner than they did.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Paul D G
And they definitely should have figured out the spinning around thing a lot sooner than they did.

That was the thing that surprised me the most. I figured, as I was watching it play out, that "at least the cowboys get to see Jordan spinning and will be able to figure out why he's doing that." Jet was staring at him from a proximity of about 2 feet, for gosh sake!

I think you are right, too, Paul, about the brothers being prepared for that last challenge reflecting back on the different legs of the race. That seemed to be the difference-maker.

==========================

I'm always also taken by the players--in the homestretch--talking about how their heart is racing or how it feels like it's going to jump out of their chest as they know they are getting so close to the finish line...and one million bucks!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Don't think getting bumped to first class is against the rules, as long as they have permission.

I've done it many times, just have to be very polite and try and catch the gate agent at a good time. If you're lucky, the agent will change all the legs of a trip and bump you to first class the entire way.

Normally have to be pretty well dressed, have never pulled it off with the jean/tee shirt look.

Was rooting for the cowboys, but the other brothers winning was fine, just as long as it wasn't Brent/Catie.

Don't know who was the biggest loudmouth, Catie or the lesbians, but they were all a bunch of mouthy bitches.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
CBS says the Bros didn't cheat.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/11/amazing-race-winners-did-they-cheat/?hpt=Sbin

[However, when E! Online spoke to a representative for CBS, they reported, "As long as Amazing Race teams purchase a coach ticket[...] they are absolutely allowed to upgrade to first or business class."]

Edit: In the comments section at the above page, a writer notes that in the Providence Journal it's stated the Bros won by 25m. So, IMO, both the cowboys LucasFilm/spinning clue failure, and Bros speed at the final challenge solidified their win.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks