What's new

The 2nd Cleveland (Ohio) HT Meet Thread! (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Man, what is with the Cleveland teams beating up on the Cincy teams? 15-2 Indians?! I guess our bullpen didn't come in, or we would have lost 16-15 in the 12th inning.:rolleyes

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
You mean the Browns that knocked their draft spot from No. 4 down to No.8 just so they could ruin your playoff hopes last year?

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hey guys, the pending dates are either July 24th, or August 6th. (That is if the 6th is a Saturday.) Mike seems to be the deciding factor right now. If he can make the 24th, that'll be the date. Unless everyone else can't make it either. So is everyone free on either of those dates?

I'll be hosting the meet. When we can decide on a date, I'll start a new thread to bring up some new awareness.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Guys, i vote for the meet to be on August 7th, since that is a saturday...it would be tough for me to make it on the 24th, because that weekend i will be in columbus to see Jerry Seinfeld doing stand-up...

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Nice to meet you, Mark. If you check out the post thread linked in the post above yours, you'll have the most recent meet thread. Nice to see more Cleveland memebers coming around.

mark*p

Auditioning
Thanks for your kind reply George. My HT is not huge but it can accomodate 6-8 people. If you need another place to hold a meeting , let me know and I sure we can work something out.

I noted that your last meeting had the Audiovision guys there. In fact, the Strongville AudioVision team need my inital equipment install.

M

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Mark,

Unfortunately, they were SUPPOSED to be there, but cancelled on the day of the meet. Mike, because of an illness in the family, and I won't get into Jeff's excuse.

I don't know if you saw the pics of my HT, but it is definitely not huge either. I worried about that for the first two meets, but for this last one, I didn't care and everything turned out well anyway.

I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind heading over to check out your HT for a meet sometime. I know I like to hear as many set-ups as I can to not only get ideas on where I can improve mine, but also because of my love for the hobby. I'd really like to hear those in-walls you have.

Whereabouts in Cleveland are you located, east or west?

mark*p

Auditioning
George,

My wife and I have had several HT guests over the last two years. We love to entertain. I am in Brunswick.

We love the in-wall speakers. They were installed by Tim Campbell. He is located in Lakewood (Ohio). You may know him?

M

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
Tim!, yeah he was at our first meet, awesome guy! Wish he eventually comes to some future meets.

Welcome Mark!, nice to meet you! Oh I definitely wouldn't mind seeing your theater, looks great! That DTS and DD project you did looks good, I want to do something like that. Also nice clock where did you buy it? I'm on the same page as George. The more theaters the better, its an exciting experience for one to show it off and the rest to hear it all. I personally would like to have another meet before the holiday's come rolling in. Like I said Halo 2 anyone?, I think in comes out November 8. We tried lastyear during that time and couldn't get a date set in stone. Hopefully things will go better this year.

mark*p

Auditioning
Ferdinand,

Thank you for your reply. Tim has done a noce job for me. My wife and I had Tim and his S.O. over recently for The Rock. All had a great time.

Another meet before the Holidays sounds doable. Of course, there is always the LOTR:ROTK EE worthy of review. I hope it is released before December but I have seen on the net Dec 14 is the likely release date. :frowning:

Mark

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Welcome Mark,

Nice to have another on board for some meets. I see you have a HSU, I would like to get a chance to hear what that sounds like:).

As for another meet...why wait for LOTR? how about STAR WARS!!!!?

Damn that is one funny typo.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Where could you have possibly gotten that quote from? I checked my post, but it says "hobby". mumbles under breath, "Now." :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks