What's new

Terminator 2 HD DVD beats T2 Blu-Ray!? (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
So what bonus features are included with this? Any Docs, commentaries? If so are they in French or English? Forced/optional subs on the bonus material? Also is the alternate ending included as a deleted scene?

Given the lack of releases over the summer I might consider this down the road if I don't hear of Lionsgate prepping an Ultimate Edition type BD.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

I believe there are no extras. This is the story with most of the "Studio Canal" HD DVD-releases.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Thanks for the info. So the cheapest I found was $33 + shipping for what's basically a barebones edition. Hmm.... Makes the average $27 Fox barebones BD's look like a bargain in comparison. ;)

I'll have to mull this one over. Maybe the U.K. edition will be cheaper.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
The Studio Canal release referenced is the UK Version. The dual disk version SP is the French version, which exploitedcinema.com is currently shipping.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see a discussion of the PAL sound speedup issue in the thread. Does the French disc have the sound speedup?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Robert,

No we didn't discuss it here, but we certainly discussed it elsewhere.

There is no PAL speedup, because there is no PAL.
Those are exactly the same tracks you could get on a US release - which wouldn't be NTSC either.

Cees

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Yes, that is a better phrasing, Jeff. I have read that there are pitch differences.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Correct. It's not PAL speedup per se, but reportedly SC used PAL audio masters that were apparently made for DVD (which were sped up) instead of making a new audio mixand then digitally slowed them down. The pitch is 1/2 step high, just like the difference in a PAL transfer on some titles...

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Ah, if the pitch is screwed up then I think I'll just wait for a while and see if Lions Gate releases a better edition on BD in the near future.

I love the movie, but I can wait. That's too bad.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I read differing views on this. You say there isn't, others say there is. If it's a matter of lack of pitch sensitivity, that's one thing, but it sounds like some people are hearing it. Or are they hearing what isn't there (that's been known to happen)?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
It's impossible to use a sped-up PAL audio master and play it next to a 1080p/24 or even 1080p/60 video track of the movie. The audio would almost immediately get out of sync.

If they would use a PAL master and slow it down to synchronize with the film, it would no longer be higher pitched.

The audio on the French T2 is DTS-HD Master. That even didn't exist before anywhere. So in reality it must be a new track, made for this release.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks