What's new

Ten Favorite Star Trek TOS Episodes (1 Viewer)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Amok Time
The Doomsday Machine
Savage Curtain
Spectre of the Gun
The Paradise Syndrome
Who Mourns for Adonis
Journey to Babel
The Immunity Syndrome
Space Seed
The Ultimate Computer
The episodes i really hate, and helped kill the show IMO are...
Spock's Brain
The Way to Eden
Plato's Stepchildren
And can we get some love for the green haired, silver battle bra'ed (is that how you would type it?), lady from The Gamesters of Triskelion! :)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Amok Time
The Doomsday Machine
Savage Curtain
Spectre of the Gun
The Paradise Syndrome
Who Mourns for Adonis
Journey to Babel
The Immunity Syndrome
Space Seed
The Ultimate Computer
The episodes i really hate, and helped kill the show IMO are...
Spock's Brain
The Way to Eden
Plato's Stepchildren
And can we get some love for the green haired, silver battle bra'ed (is that how you would type it?), lady from The Gamesters of Triskelion! :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Rick,
That would be Shanna (Angelique Pettijohn). I've seen her Trek name spelled at least two ways. I'd have to check the credits to be certain of the spelling.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Ockeghem said:
Rick,
That would be Shanna (Angelique Pettijohn). I've seen her Trek name spelled at least two ways. I'd have to check the credits to be certain of the spelling.
Yep, that would be her. Something about her elevates the whole episode...

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Rick,
I think she had the wild, colorful hair before it was in vogue!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
There were some interesting supporting actresses in the show like the following:
1. City on the edge of Forever (Joan Collins)
2. Shoreleave (Emily Banks)
3. That which survives (Lee Meriweather)
4. Paradise Syndrome (Sabrina Scarf)
You add in some excellent supporting actors
1. The Apple (David Soul)
2. Bread and Circus (William Smithers - Jeremy Wendell [Dallas]
3. Doomsday Machine (William Windom [Dallas]
4. Omega Glory (Morgan Woodward - Dallas)
Have any of you notice that many Star Trek Actors had roles on Dallas?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
10-All Our Yesterdays
9-This Side Of Paradise
8-Arena
7-The Devil In The Dark
6-Who Mourns The Adonais?
5-Catspaw
4-Shore Leave
3-The Paradise Syndrome(in a way I think "The Inner Light" from TNG is much like this episode)
2-Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
1- Spectre Of The Gun

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
RickER said:
I hear ya RickER, another great episode that would be in my top 15.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
younger1968 said:
We could also talked about the top 10 episodes based on their digital re-mastering.
1. Doomsday Machine
2. Enterprise Incident
3. Tholian Web
4. Tomorrow is Yesterday
5. Balance of Terror
6. Arena
7. City on the edge of forever
8. Piece of the action
9. Errand of Mercy
10. Assignment:: Earth
The best episodes for digitally re-mastering are those with many outside pictures. I have both the re-mastered and un-mastered star trek. I have a hard time watching the un-mastered episodes now as i like the upgraded images. I guess each of us will have our own preferences for episodes and that is what is good about these forums as they allow us to express our opinion!
Watched The Galileo Seven on the projector this past weekend and I wanted to suggest it for the list of best digital remastering. Both the green nebula and Spock venting thje plasma look amazing, especially when you compare to the original which obviously showed their lack of budget at the time. The plasma venting is just such a gorgeous image, and adds to the sense of peril and desperation. I have to add that I am a huge fan of the "old fashioned" methods of using models, etc., but in some cases CGI really fills the bill. (One of the things I really like about Zathura was that director Favreau insisted on using models, and only used CGI for the backgrounds.)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
bryan4999 said:
Watched The Galileo Seven on the projector this past weekend and I wanted to suggest it for the list of best digital remastering. Both the green nebula and Spock venting thje plasma look amazing, especially when you compare to the original which obviously showed their lack of budget at the time. The plasma venting is just such a gorgeous image, and adds to the sense of peril and desperation. I have to add that I am a huge fan of the "old fashioned" methods of using models, etc., but in some cases CGI really fills the bill. (One of the things I really like about Zathura was that director Favreau insisted on using models, and only used CGI for the backgrounds.)
My favorite re-mastered one is still the doomsday machine as it is one of the episodes with exterior shots. I found the episodes with the greater exterior shots whether they are spaceships and/or buildings look excellent with CGI graphics.
The Galileo 7 shuttlecraft scenes are excellent, especially as spock ignites the fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks