What's new

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles S1 (1 Viewer)

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I FINALLY found this dvd at Hastings for $10.39.Went to tons of Wal-marts and Targets and they never had it so I just bought it somewhere else.

Anyway, I love Season 1, I like how they are consistent with the storylines.Very cool. But the Season 10 Episodes were, so weird. The theme stinks and I can see why these were never aired.I watched them out of order!It stinks.That really annoys me that they put those 2 episodes out of order....Anyway overall, this deserves a :emoji_thumbsup: because it is definitely worth buying it for Season 1.The other 4 episodes.....well...it's a nice bonus.:b

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Before you judge the season 10 episodes, make sure you get a chance to see Season 9 first. THat obviously will explain a whole lot.

Too be honest,while I'm a big turtle fan, the ONLY thing that kept me interested in Season 9 was the hyper mutations. I didn't find Dregg all that interesting. It didn't help matters later when I learned that Dregg was the product of a CBS executive who wanted to 'liven up the show' and told David Wise to make him the main character.

It wasn't untill Season 10 that I actually started to like the Dregg character because the episodes where a bit more watchable..

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Funny. David had nothing to do with the final season, of course, and found the difference in the quality of the writing to be..."interesting".

I have to say for myself that the Season 10 stuff, at least the stuff on the disc, was, uh...uh...uh....

Bad.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Again, I wish it wasn't included. I would have honestly preferred a couple commercial slots or an interview, etc. even half the running time. The episodes were terrible and extremely out of place. :thumbsdown:

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I watched this show for several years younger, but I had no idea it went on for so many years.

I think I watched it for about 4.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Ehh, to each his own. But I liked the final season, with only one episode I didn't care for(Mobster from Dimension X), ten times more than the 1995 season..

Interestingly fun tidbit, the dude who wrote the entire last season is the grandson of Moe :).

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Well, my opinion of these episodes *might* change later on after I've seen season 9 which I never saw when it first ran, but based on what I've seen up to now they're not that good...I am not closing the door completely on them though.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Does anyone have any screengrabs for the original five episodes on this DVD? Any comparison shots, too? I'd like to see the quality on these DVDs. Thanks!

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
i missed a lot of the show myself.
but i hate seeing it out of order.
i just hope they dont take forever releaseing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks