What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Teen Girl Faces Jail Time For Blue Lights On Car (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Ryan: I'm seeing too many people (teenagers & adults alike) do all kinds of things that we/they KNOW are wrong, things that are stupid/dangerous/disrepectful/unethical, that end up hurting others--either physically, mentally or financially--just because the law DIDN'T say it was stupid/dangerous/disrespectful/unethical.
OK, so if they do something that hurts you, find a lawyer. Or if the damage is minor, take them to small claims. That will settle that. Or, I suppose you could lobby to have a law created. It's better that you fight to stop certain activities, than have to fight to pass a law saying activity x is OK.

Lastly, you can't legislate morality. Something you find unacceptable may be perfectly acceptable to me, and vice versa. In most cases there is no right or wrong here, just people's perception of the issue. If a large majority decides something is wrong (ie, murder), it becomes a legal issue and is no longer a question of morality.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
. I can speculate that someone who doesn't know me could label me as a punk; that is without realizing that I'm graduating at the top of my high school class, do not do drugs, and have never been in trouble with the law, not even something as minor as a speeding ticket.
Punk!

Am I the only one who sees a girl with a blue light on her car getting a ticket instead of a warning, going to court and getting Jail time instead of the stated fine and instantly thinks...

Raging additude problem.

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
On whose part? I agree if you're referring to the law enforcement side.
No I'm talking about potentially hers. A case like this doesnt normally get this out of controll with two seperate individuals (cop and judge) unless you have a huge bug up your ass.

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
On whose part? I agree if you're referring to the law enforcement side.
And what did the police officer do to indicate a raging attitude? All that he did was give her a ticket. He didn't arrest her, handcuff her, beat her with a club, or anything else. If you believe that her sentence was too harsh (as do I), then your problem should be with the judge.

I have known people whose attitude insure that they are treated in the worst possible way by everybody. Perhaps she would have not got a ticket if she were polite (maybe she was, but we don't know that). I do suspect that given the harsh sentence, it is very likely that she pissed off the judge. A little bit of respect goes a long way in court. Once again, maybe she was respectful, but it is possible that this whole situation was exaggerated by a raging attitude on her side.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
From what I read, it seems that it is Legal to sell them, and it is Legal to install and use them. The only illegal part is to use them when you are driving on the road. The Cobra Eyes are used in show rooms and for displaying cars at car shows. This is why they are considered legal, but once you take the car on the road, that's another story.
Sounds similar to the regulations I read when I put Hella off-road lights on my Scout. Does anyone know if similar warnings are in place on aftermarket fog lights?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Raging additude problem.
I’m with Tommy on this one, although Scott is correct in that we don’t know. I wrote in an earlier post that I’d like to read the court proceedings. Could be that the judge just is a wrong-headed guy and it could be that he dealt with a lack of respect in a harsh and arbitrary fashion.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Her attitude might have gotten her the ticket too. When I initially read the article and figured that 'she' had a buzz cut, I tried to look at it from the cop's standpoint, and her overly polite reply may have been taken by the officer as 'is she mocking me?'

Glenn

David-S

Second Unit
Sounds similar to the regulations I read when I put Hella off-road lights on my Scout. Does anyone know if similar warnings are in place on aftermarket fog lights?
Usually, and the "aftermarket" LED brake kits etc... and the fake "HID" bulb kits... sigh...

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
And what did the police officer do to indicate a raging attitude? All that he did was give her a ticket. He didn't arrest her, handcuff her, beat her with a club, or anything else. If you believe that her sentence was too harsh (as do I), then your problem should be with the judge.
I was actually referring to the judge when I said that. I should have been more clear. Sorry.

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
"When I initially read the article and figured that 'she' had a buzz cut, I tried to look at it from the cop's standpoint"

OK, some of you old guys need glasses :)

Again, its a SHE, not a HE.
Second, she doesnt have a "buzz cut", its up in a pony tail, helloooo :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks