What's new

Target 5.50 DVDS (1 Viewer)

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
Just got back from target and they had a display up front selling DVDs for 5.50 even for the widescreen ones (normally all I see are 4:3). They had Titan AE special edition (widescreen DTS) Airheads, ED Tv ect.

Jim-M

Second Unit
I picked up The Last Castle and The Peacemaker last week for $5.50 each. Both are widescreen anamorphic DVDs. While they don't have nearly as many titles available at this price as WalMart, the quality of the ones they do have is much higher.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Heh, funny that you are from Indy, Peter... I am from South Bend and our new store just opened!

Aaron, there are tons at my new Target, a whole lot more than at the old one.

Including,

Senseless
G.I. Jane
Hamburger Hill
About Last Night.
Night at the Golden Eagle

Ryan

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Target just started carrying the "Premier Episode" series...for $3.99 each! Here's the titles (from memory)

Kung Fu
Johnny Quest
Flintstones
Waltons
Gilmore Girls
Gilligans Island

I seem to think that there were ten titles all together, but that's all I can remember right now. Each one had one episode (for the hour long shows) or two for the cartoons/sitcoms, except The Flintstones, which only ran 26 min. There is a $5 rebate coupon attached if you end up buying the complete box set.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I remember seeing X-men 1.5 at our Target this weekend for $10. Seemed a pretty good price for anyone that has been lurking for this title to get cheap.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Here's a partial listing of the $5.50 titles at Target; all are anamorphic wide-screen unless noted:

Bedazzled
Nine Months
From Justin to Kelly
Titan AE
The Truth about Cats and Dogs
A Midsummer's Night Dream
Monkeybone
Airheads
Tigerland
Python
Batman: The Movie (Adam West)
Darkest Knight Full Frame
The Scout
Simply Irresistable Widescreen
Simple Life Full Frame
Grand Canyon
Island of the Dead (no info listed)
Woman on Top
Paradise Road
Ernest in the Army (no info listed)
Peacemaker
EDtv

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron, I had a quick glance at the new display at my Target tonight, but I don't remember a lot of the titles. I have all of them that I would have wanted. One title that I saw someone buying was "The Program". He was buying it because a lot of it was shot here and the game footage is at the stadium here (University of SC). I pointed out that it had the added benefit of me as an extra and he almost put it back.:D

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Were you in the freeway scene (that was cut from the movie during its theatrical run and has never been on any video release?)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I picked up a few of the tv premiere DVD's:
Gilmore Girls
Kung Fu
Jonny Quest

I think it's a great idea and hope to see more, I'm going to pick up Gilligan too.

Word of warning though, Jonny Quest is actual the series from 1996, I didn't like it much at all. The cover states "Two Classic Episodes from the Original TV Series" which is not true, the other 2 I have say "Original Pilot Episode" with the date it aired.

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
Jesse,

No, I wasn't in that scene, but I did see it in the theater before it was cut. I think that was a big fuss over nothing. I'm just in some of the stadium scenes, just a face in the crowd except for one scene where I'm closer in the background and only my midsection shows. Put in a long day and made all of $55, but it was fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks