What's new
World Wide Stereo

Supplier of RCA Connectors to go on RG59/RG6 cable or F to RCA adaptors? (1 Viewer)

MikeBoehm

Stunt Coordinator
Howdy,

I was looking into using some RG6 or RG59 cable (since I can get lots for free) to run some audio cable. I'm having trouble finding places that sell either RCA connectors that can go on to the ends of the Coax cable, or the F to RCA adaptors to convert one to the other if that would be easier.

If anyone has any sites they could post a link to that'd be great. Just not sure what cerbage to use in a google search to get decent results.

Thanks.

728x90

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Questions:

Crimp?

Compress?

Solder?

We've got some nice compression connectors, but they're expensive and the 'crimper' is also expensive.

Soldering RCA connectors is a major pain in the neck.

We don't have any crimp RCAs, but like any good connector system, the tool and dies are probably going to be 'expensive.' (Read: >$50.)

The compression fittings, for example, the tool is about $60, and each 'end' is about $1.35.

Markertek.com is the first that comes to my mind, but they're moderatly expensive and'll feel like a procologist when it comes to shipping...

Leo

MikeBoehm

Stunt Coordinator
Compress would be great. My brother works for Time Warner Cable and they use compression connectors for the Coax cables so getting use of a took is no problem. I thnk he said the cheapest connectors he could find where $1-$2 a piece but I'm not sure where he looked.

MikeBoehm

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Ted but those are jsut F connectors right? THen I'd need to get an adaptor to go from the F to RCA? I'd rather just slap an RCA connection right on the cable so I don't end up with a 2" long cable end with adaptors and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks