Sudden Death On DVD in OAR?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Sturge, Apr 4, 2002.

1. John Sturge

John Sturge Stunt Coordinator

It's a bad movie. I know, I know. But still, I would like to find it in letterbox, better yet anamorphic video.
    Since Universal's old DVD is "pan and scam", is there anyway I can enjoy this popcorn fluff in OAR!?
    [​IMG]

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

For OAR I'm afraid you'll need a laserdisc player. And if you want OAR and 5.1 sound, you'll need the DTS LD. Same with TimeCop.
    The only other possiblity is that there are other DVD versions outside region 1, but that's not an area I'm familiar with.
    M.

3. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

of course for both of those titles, the PCM track on the LD is nothing to sneeze at (if you don't feel like paying for the DTS version)

4. Magnus_M

Magnus_M Stunt Coordinator

The R2-version is OAR (2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen with DD5.1) but that might be of little comfort unless you have a regionfree player and PAL capability.

5. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

Is there any chance that Universal might re-release those two? (Sudden Death and Timecop).

6. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

If you have a region-free DVD player, you can obtain the Region 4 versions in their original aspect ratios and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound.

It doesn't appear as if Universal has plans of revisiting these titles anytime soon.

7. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

These are the only two Van Damme titles I have any interest in, so of course they have to be typical early Universal release P&S. [​IMG] I'll be picking the UK versions up when I buy a region free player in the fall.

8. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

9. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Philip, there most definitely is a dts version of "Suden Death." I'm pretty sure you can get one on eBay for a reasonable price.

10. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

hey i enjoyed sudden death. if we make a fuss about it, then maybe universal might change there minds. se of baseketball wanted