What's new

Stone Sour, anyone else really like this CD? (1 Viewer)

Jo_M

Stunt Coordinator
I seriously hope there's a follow up to this CD. Very good stuff. The recording is kind of disappointing. Some tracks sound pretty good but others sound very compressed and muddy.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
yeah i bought the disc about a month or so ago. it's pretty good but it's definitely not slipknot. i thought about going to see them when they play biloxi next week but after tool last saturday and mudvayne tomorrow, i'm a bit tapped out. if i didn't work the 8-5 grind...perhaps but i don't feel like taking leave for a show. honestly though, i hope there isn't a follow up cd as this would totally detract from corey and jim's involvment in the 'knot.

kevin t

Jo_M

Stunt Coordinator
I have mixed feelings about the departure as well. I don't want it to take away from SlipKnot but I do like this CD much more than I liked the SlipKnot CD's. There were maybe 6 songs from SlipKnot that I really liked and that's from all their CD's. Stone Sour is more what I would've wanted from SlipKnot.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
6 songs?! damn...i loved every song on their first cd. well...maybe not "frail limb nursery" so much. the second cd was pretty damn good but i didn't care for the radio friendly "left behind". have you seen them live? i've seen them twice thus far and they put on a great show. the first time i saw them was when they opened up for coal chamber. just 9 guys in red jumpsuits on maybe a 30 x 15 stage. that show was awesome. nothing but raw, pure angst and metal. btw...have you heard joey's (the drummer) new side progject, the murderdolls? that disc is pretty good too though it's a bit too punk on some songs.

kevin t

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks