What's new

Still not quite happy with rock channels (don't worry, not dumping XM just yet) (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I don't know anything more than what has been printed in the other forum. Logan's picture is gone from XM's site, so he must be gone. Personally, I'm shedding no tears over that one, because I thought he was a royal a-hole from my E-mails with him.

I'm hoping the recent changes in Da Boneyard the past few months have been despite Logan and not because of him, since I think the station hasn't sounded better.

Jason

Benson R

Supporting Actor
So I have been listening mostly too Sirius for the last few days, and I think I will probably wind up keeping both services. I think I slightly prefer the hard/classic rock stations on Sirius if only because there is so much more to choose from. However I do find them repetitive, not so much because of individual song replays but from how much they focus on certain artists (however, I do hear tons of Scorpions already on Boneyard, so its not so much better over there).

Anyway, I think both services complement each other nicely. If I decided I could only afford to pay for one I would go to XM because there superior alt rock stations are more important to me since I already have tons of albums from my favorite classic rock artists.

I do have one complaint about Sirius's non music content. I love O&A but I do admit to being curious about Stern's new show. But I work nights and only listen to radio during afternoon drive time. I find it perplexing that with 2 channels for Howard there doesnt seem to be a late afternoon replay of his morning show like O&A does.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Benson,

I am glad you settled on both services rather than
giving up XM.

I am curious....

Do you hear a lot of music repetition yet on Sirius?

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I hear repetition, but no more then xm so far (again, just in regards to rock stations) . However I hear stronger focus on specific artists. I was never going to dump XM though. Keep in mind I probably don't listen to either service nearly as much as you guys. So anyway, it may take me quite awhile to make an accurate judgement on either service.

Michael Young

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Benson R, I was wantiong to get a followup on your complaint.

Have you listened to the new BIG TRACKS XM49 channel yet??

I'm not a big fan of this Genre, but I Love this station.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Yeah, big tracks is now my second most listened to music station on xm. I still wouldnt get rid of my Sirius unit though. There still arent comparable stations on XM to hairnation, buzzsaw and hard attack. I also feel that Octane on Sirius is superior to Squizz which in my opinion plays too much Nickelback (the correct amount is none).

Kevin N

Stunt Coordinator
Nickelback, Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, Linkin Park...someone fire Bodhi and get a real PD in there. :thumbsdown:

Blu

Screenwriter
As a dual subscriber I find advantages to both services. Rock easily takes the checkmark on Sirius. While Sports talk (Not the NFL channel) take the category on XM. They have ESPN, Fox Sports, and Sporting News while Sirius has ESPN for general sports news and their Sirius only channels like Sportstalk.

But Sirius NFL coverage is the best by far!

XM does cover the MLB and has great coverage for that on par with the Sirius NFL channel though but I'm an NFL guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks