What's new

Disney+ Star Wars: The Bad Batch (2021) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Three seasons doesn’t feel like enough. This feels like something that can go for at least 5 seasons. I know that’s completely arbitrary, but I really enjoy this and would like for it to be around longer.
I agree but at the same time, I like that they're getting out with the audience (or, at least, me and you) wanting more.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Hey, a thread already exists on this:

:D

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
GEdzRmTXoAANUnQ

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I very much enjoyed the three-part premiere. The show has a lot of character moments, tons of suspense, some great action (especially in the second episode), and a strong sense of foreboding.

This may be the final season but it seems like it’s going out strong.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
And the third episode paid off what I was hoping to see from the first.
  • We found out why Nala Se was destroying Omega's blood samples. They are hold a key to the Emperor's cloning plans. This does not bode well, though I was anticipating that it might temporarily save their lives and so it did.
  • We got to see the lurca hounds come to the rescue of Omega and Crosshair after chasing them. They found something better to attack.
  • And the big moment I was waiting for - Batcher saved Omega.
  • And then Omega took Batcher away with them on the shuttle.

A really good start with these three episodes.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Another great episode. A lot of underestimating opponents here. And they left me definitely wanting to see more.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The season has been terrific. The latest episode with Fennec Shand was very intense.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I'm just bummed because I feel it's inevitable that most of these guys aren't gonna make it. And if they don't all or most of them die, kudos to the show for making me believe that they could.
It would be great to see older versions of these characters in live action during the Mandalorian era. Though I’m not sure Temuera Morrison could pull it off. So while I absolutely love these characters it may be best to leave them here.

I do think Echo would be interesting to see as an adult. And since she ages normally the Mando era would be perfect for that.

Every week when I watch an episode of this show I’m so pleased with how good it is. Filoni’s Clone Wars and now Bad Batch are my favorite Star Wars projects. I hope Filoni will be successful bringing more of his sensibilities into the live action shows and films.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
A really good installment this week, as we see the return of
Asajj Ventress (what’s up with her very gravelly voice though? She sounds like she’s been smoking two packs a day since the Clone Wars.)

I have a question though: How old is Omega supposed to be? Judging from her stature, she appears to be about 10, but that would make her born (cloned?) during the Clone Wars. I thought she was essentially the twin of Boba Fett, created at the same time as him, but Boba was 10 or 12 in Attack of the Clones, which is the start of the Clone Wars. If the war lasted 5 years, and TBB is three years after that, Boba would be about 20. No way Omega is 20.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I have a question though: How old is Omega supposed to be? Judging from her stature, she appears to be about 10, but that would make her born (cloned?) during the Clone Wars. I thought she was essentially the twin of Boba Fett, created at the same time as him, but Boba was 10 or 12 in Attack of the Clones, which is the start of the Clone Wars. If the war lasted 5 years, and TBB is three years after that, Boba would be about 20. No way Omega is 20.
Compared to the Expanded Universe, LFL seems to be a little more vague in pinning down dates in the new canon (which is smart) but I believe that these current episodes are about a year after Revenge Of The Sith so Omega (and Boba) is 14 'now'. She was born ten years before Attack Of The Clones. The Clone Wars last three years so she's 13 at the time of Revenge Of The Sith and beginning of The Bad Batch and with the time passing over the course of the series, she's 14.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I realize we are barely out of the first quarter of the year, and there are still two episodes to go, but I think the Bad Batch Season 3 is the best Star Wars we are going to get this year. Not that The Acolyte, Tales of the Empire or Skeleton Crew won't be great, but this show is killing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks