What's new

Spouse's observastions on HDTV (1 Viewer)

Micah Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
After 18 months with my 64" widescreen Pioneer, I finally got an HD signal; I bought the DirecTV HD PVR released a couple of months ago. I proudly displayed the beautiful picture to my wife. I did A/B comparisons between 480i and 1080i (granted the TV up-converts 480i to 480p). She looked at it, looked again…then looked at me with, "Uh, that's nice dear..." Sigh...

My neighbors came over yesterday to see the display and both gave it the admiration it deserved. They definitely notice the A/B comparison. My wife finally chimed in with, "Maybe I should put my glasses on." (Ding!) Normally she doesn't need them but I suddenly remembered that she always brings them when we go out to the movies.

She retrieved her glasses and sat down while I did the A/B. A shocked exclamation of “Oh!” made me burst out laughing. She’s watching TV with her glasses on, now, and I suddenly don’t feel too bad about my purchases.

Jim Tressler

Stunt Coordinator
lol - you've got a keeper :) - Mine said the exact same thing the other day - thats nice.. hehe

jim

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
You lucky SOB. When I got an HDTV and compared A/B'ed with my wife she was like "I guess its better but I cant really tell". She doesnt even wear glasses. I cant complain to much since she doesnt limit my HT spending but c'mon, the difference is night and day.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Try saying something like that after her next hair styling appointment and see what her reaction is.:D

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I have to say, my only serious long-term relationship had a lot of flaws, but the old "you didn't notice my haircut" thing was not one of them. Of course this was because she would tell me for days before that she was getting her hair cut, discussing what style, highlights, etc. Grog be very dumb, but Grog not dumb enuf' to miss that big club over Grog's noggin. Grog always give good words to Mrs. Grog about haircut and sometimes Mrs. Grog let Grog drag her by haircut back to cave!:D

StephenHa

Second Unit
my wife always was why do you need that type, then she saw the philips lcos set we had set up in the showroom with dishnetwork hdtv and she said wow that's a beautiful picturre ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks