What's new

speak up, i cant hear you! (1 Viewer)

Stephen B

Stunt Coordinator
one last question to all you smarties out there. why the hell cant i turn up the volume more then half way when im playing MP3's without fear of bleeding ears, but with DVD'd i have to turn it alllllllllll the way up, and its still only loud-ish.
anyone got any ideas?
steve

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Two words: dynamic range. Most music has its dynamic range compressed, to make it louder all the time. DVD movies are quieter on average, but can have loud peaks. You probably notice the same thing when playing CDs and DVDs on your home theater--if you put a CD on at the volume level you watch DVDs at you get your ears blasted off.
Unless you listen to high quality CDs, such as those made by Telarc--these can have some wide dynamic range.
KJP

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Or, another way of looking at it, your average music source has a volume range of 'light conversation' to 'shout' whereas a DVD has a range of 'silence' to 'jumbo jet taking off over your head and exploding.'

CRyan

Screenwriter
Unless your sound cards software has specific volume sliders for both MP3 and DVD. Look at your sound card software and make sure this is not the case. This all depends on how the computer is configured, but your CD volume could be down and the MP3 direct sound volume could be up.
C. Ryan
------------------
http://www.elitestoragedesigns.com/RyanOAR.bmp

Stephen B

Stunt Coordinator
thank you all very much for your replys, they have helped me greatly.
steve
------------------
I'm Gonna Cook Ya, Then Fu*ken Eat Ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks