What's new

Sound and Cable Taken Care Of... One More Question? (1 Viewer)

Dave_Mu

Grip
I have decided on (and sold my wife on) everything except the TV...
I was considering a Samsung 32" HDTV... but now I'm leaning toward a Panasonic 47WX42 Widescreen Rear Projection HDTV... I might be able to sell the wife on that too.
This is my question, how "weird" will my picture be with a regular input, ie my DirecTV. Does the widescreen stretch the normal picture to fit, or does it display bars or what? I'm also scared of burn-in, so my son will get our current 27" to dedicate to our PS2 playing :)
I just need a bit of professional help here, and some ammunition for my wife if the bigger TV will be "nicer" in our HT. We do watch alot of DVDs, and have a Panasonic RP-82 on the way, so I know the DVDs would be awesome on the widescreen!
Thanks folks,
Dave

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Dave,
I considered with this as well when I purchased a widescreen television. To be honest with you, you have to look real hard to tell the difference. My television has different settings and whichever one you like the best depends on you. I have mine set to where it takes three inches from each side (L and R) and stretches it to give it the "widescreen" effect. The middle of the picture is untouched. Other options will let you stretch the entire picture, but doing this is like looking in a funhouse mirror. Go with the larger television you will not be disappointed. My girlfirend says HGTV looks WAY COOL on the new tv (whatever!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks